Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
1.) STUDIO MCGEE AT TARGET: the fall Studio McGee collection at Target has some pieces that look high-end, but are so budget-friendly. This is my favorite pillow (love the fringe) and if you love neutrals, this pillow is for you. This cozy throw blanket comes in 4 autumnal colors, this round wood board and this cream cake stand provide both form and function, and this arched rattan mirror would be great in any room in your home.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Growth is hard, but so is being in exactly the same place this time next year.”
3.) BEAUTIFUL INSPIRATION: I adore this simple but cozy reading corner, this kitchen transformation is utterly amazing, this fall tablescape is in the best possible location, and here’s one more that looks completely warm and welcoming.
4.) BACK TO SCHOOL: here are items recommended by my daughter-in-law to make going back to school easier for your kids or grandkids. First, a Bentgo® Lunch Box. They are available in several colors and sizes. The Amazon listing has over 31,000 reviews. Next is this Whiskware stackable snack cup. This is really the coolest thing. It also comes in several different colors. Last, to make sure these treasures make it home, add a customizable name label from Minted. My grandkids had these labels on their stackables last year…and even after going through the dishwasher hundreds of times, the labels still look like new.
5.) FIVE DAILY REMINDERS: 1.) You cannot change your past. 2.) Others’ opinions do not define your reality. 3.) Positive thoughts cultivate positive actions. 4.) Overthinking a problem will not solve the problem. 5.) You cannot make everyone happy.
~Lessons Taught By Life
6.) RECENTLY ON THE BLOG: if you missed it, I shared a brand new fall printables collection. I’m super happy with the way it turned out, and would love for you to take a look! It includes 5 watercolor printables with matching gift tags.
7.) In our new house, there’s a room off our foyer that I made into my office. It’s small, but there’s a big window, and I love it. I had a navy tweed chair that I sat in to work, and it was great…that is until Millie joined the family. As she got used to our routine, every day she wanted to sit with me in the chair. It was frustrating for me because when she was beside me or on my lap, of course I couldn’t work. So I decided to remedy the situation by getting this cute loveseat. It has completely solved the problem! When she’s ready for a nap, or just wants to hang out, she has her very own seat! (It’s super sturdy, was easy to put together, and is definitely a good price. Also comes in 3 colors.) The tweed chair went into a bedroom, so that worked out well too.
8.) If you need some easy recipes to make for the holiday weekend, I’ve got you covered. This pasta salad is a family favorite, this chocolate pudding cake is so quick to make and is delicious, and this honey mustard grilled chicken is always a hit.
9.) My daughter-in-law has been reading tons of books and here are her recommendations: she enjoyed I Hated You First, which is the first book in a three book series. She loved all three books. There’s also The Love Hypothesis and The Proposal. Light, quick reads that let you escape for a little bit! (You can sign up for a Kindle Unlimited account and get the first 30 days free. She said there’s also a deal where after your 30-day trial, you can get two months for $4.99.)
10.) That’s a wrap for today. Next week when we return it will be September! My Celebrate Fall shop is up, but it’s not divided into sections yet. I hope to get it all arranged before next week. If you want to take a look, click HERE.
Yvonne | StoneGable
2. Did you know you can find all things fall on the blog in one convenient place? Click on ALL POST INDEX in the upper left-hand side of the blog and then scroll down until you find FALL POSTS. All of my fall posts are right there to inspire you! See posts like Decorating With Fall Naturals and Small Porch Decorating Ideas For Fall, and Decorating With Sunflowers.
3. FOOD AND KITCHEN HACKS: If your butter is cold and you want to spread it on toast grate it! Grated butter melts quickly and spreads easily! Keep most herbs fresh longer by making a little bouquet out of them and putting them in a small vase or container on your kitchen counter. Pretty and delicious! Make ice cubes from leftover coffee to use in iced coffee drinks.
4. FABULOUS FINDS THIS WEEK:
$50-$100- this little machine is amazing for cleaning rugs and upholstery, MacKenzie Child’s hand decorated trio of acorns, MacKenzie Courtley Check black and white pumpkin, this neutral color fall wreath, this sturdy basket tray, and this faux bay leaf wreath.
$100-$200- this robotic vacuum I LOVE, this Antique Buchannan wool tartan throw, this beautiful vanity tray, this stunning table lamp with linen shade, and this pick-stitch reversible cotton and linen quilt.
5. The StoneGable Fall Harvest Shops are open and filled with beautiful fall decor and more to help you find the prettiest things for your home! Looking for fall decor? Start Here or just come and window shop lots of fall inspiration!
6. BEAUTIFUL HOME TOURS: This home is totally my style! This designer has a beautiful and colorful take on Traditional style. I relate to this designer’s style and here are her 10 principles for a pretty room.
7. DESIGN INSPIRATION FROM THE HOMES ABOVE: Use high gloss white on crown molding and stairs, classic furniture can stay fresh for decades, the windows in the Johnstone home are amazing with the white lacquered ceiling! The storage is also stunning and functional! Add things YOU love to your home. Be fearless. Liz Caan’s interpretation of a dining room is just beautiful! Making a secretary’s desk a bar is brilliant! Phoebe Howard’s 10 tips for a pretty room video is a must-see!
8. CAPSULE WARDROBE: As the evening gets cooler here are lightweight sweater and jacket options. This wear-everywhere cardigan, this waxed cotton barn jacket (I’ve had one for years), a classic jean jacket, this long quilted vest, and a pretty rain jacket on super sale.
9. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What is a cluster of bananas called? What country is the most visited in the world?
10. You may not think of this, but every chair in your home should have a table within reach to put a drink on. Here are some lovely little drink table options: this one I have next to my sofa, and these hammered metal tables, this pretty table, and this handsome black table, and this round drum table.
Answer to #9- A cluster of bananas is called a hand. France is the most visited country in the world followed by Spain and then the USA.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. This week I put the finishing touches on the NEW Fall Decor Shop. It has all fresh links, with everything in stock at the time of publishing. There are 8 categories including fall wreaths, pumpkins, branches, vases + bowls, pillows + throws, organics, candles and other decor. From any category, scroll down to the bottom to find all the other categories, and you can always access the shop from the ‘Shop’ tab on my home page.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
WORTH THE SPLURGE: This earthy textured table lamp.
3. The first area in my home to receive a bit of fall flavor this year is the kitchen. See how I mixed Old World Style with rustic modern to add early fall touches to the kitchen.
4. FASHION PICKS: Like trendy jeans, but not the price? These awesome jeans are on sale. Pick up these fabulous sandals on sale (a knockoff of the designer ones that are 10 times the price). Wear it with my favorite tee and this cute blazer (great price!) For the weekend try these terrific joggers with this comfy polo collar sweatshirt, these tonal sneakers that I’m obsessed with and this perfect broken in baseball cap.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: In love with this stunning kitchen, (even though it’s not all white!) This beautiful stairway is just perfect and note the wonderful shelf styling. This living room is gorgeous and cozy at the same time.
6. FURNITURE DEALS: This wonderful occasional chair with nailheads (I love the charcoal herringbone fabric), this rustic chic console table, this pretty white-washed coffee table, this lovely well-priced end table, and this terrific white plank bookcase.
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this charming hutch styled for fall, this home office with fall touches, this fall tablescape that mixes casual and formal, and these delightful tips for creating a spa-bath experience at home.
8. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: Ever since I got an Apple watch, I hardly ever wear my good dress watch, and since I’ve been crushing on bracelet stacks, I started looking for a way to wear bracelets with my Apple watch. This led me to the Apple gold stainless watch, which you can get with the gold band, or get the cheapest band and replace it with this gold band. Now go ahead and stack away!
9. FAVORITE QUOTE: “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
10. UP NEXT: An end-of-summer patio update and the evolution of our outdoor space.