Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Last week I introduced the NEW Fall Decor Shop, with 8 categories (including fall wreaths, pumpkins, branches, vases + bowls, pillows + throws, organics, candles and other decor). This week I added 4 more categories: Florals, Wall Art, Tabletop and Halloween. Be sure to check it out!
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
UNDER $50: These gorgeous fall branches (that I just received and will feature in a post next week), this cute tweed lumbar pillow, this reclaimed wood vase (slightly higher), this rustic paper mache bowl, and this lovely round wood tray.
3. I just updated my Furniture Shopping Guide with all fresh links, compiled in one post. It focuses on French farmhouse and modern coastal style and is broken down by furniture category. Check it out!
5. The end of summer is a great time to take stock of your outdoor decor, to figure out what you need for the next season, and buy things on sale. See how our small patio has evolved over the years, as part of our Evolution of a Room series.
6. Three books came on my radar this week that I’m choosing between for my next read. They are Our Country Friends by Gary Shteyngart, Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult and The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray. If you’ve read any of them and can recommend one, please let me know in the comments.
8. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this fall bedroom that adds warm accents to a white bedroom, this easy DIY fall centerpiece, this fall tablescape with a unique color twist and these tips on decorating a tiny dark bedroom.
9. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: These stylish sunglasses are super flattering and caught my attention, as I noticed them on several people this week. It satisfies the large sunglass look, without being crazy big, and the cat eye shape gives a nice lift to the face.
10. UP NEXT: Ideas for fall entertaining at home…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) AUGUST BESTSELLERS: your most clicked and purchased item was this wood lantern that I bought for our mantel. I’ll be showing you our fall living room, and the mantel, soon! You also loved the cotton and linen quilt I featured in our basement bedroom. All the savvy shoppers snagged this super cute but inexpensive fall pillow cover, pictured above on our fall porch. The jewelry lovers got this pretty gold Kendra Scott bracelet. Rounding out the top five is this round wood tray that looks great with the lanterns mentioned above. You all got some great stuff!
2.) One of the reasons I’ve delayed showing you our fall living room is because I want to add a blanket ladder to the large sofa wall. I’ve been looking for a long time, and found several that I love. This one combines metal and wood, and I think the hooks on this one add great interest. In the end, I decided on this one. It’s classic, the perfect color, and the right height. So stay tuned!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.” ~Ritu Ghatourey
4.) INSPIRATION: Take a look at this beautiful Edinburgh home that’s filled with warm whites and antiques, this fall home tour from Janelle Trinette has cozy layers and comforting colors, and I think this rustic centerpiece has that gathered-over-time look that is perfect for autumn.
5.) Fall is slowly arriving here in Ohio. There have been a few mornings recently where the chill in the air absolutely felt like autumn. Our front porch is ready to go, and I have a classic pumpkin recipe on the schedule for this weekend. I added all the ingredients for vegetable beef soup to my grocery list, and I’ve already made the first batch of zucchini bread. Slowly but surely, fall is calling.
6.) MY FALL PICKS: this black small Vera tote that I carry every single day, these amazing leggings, these black sneakers that are super comfortable, this cozy Daily Ritual tunic, and this ultra light long puffer vest.
7.) SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT: “Some people could be given an entire field of roses and only see the thorns in it. Others could be given a single weed and only see the wildflower in it. Perception is a key component to gratitude. And gratitude is a key component to joy.” ~Amy Weatherly
8.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn’t Exist on Netflix…definitely a very bizarre (but true) story. Hostile Territory on Hulu and Redeeming Love on Amazon Prime. Both of these are really good with wonderful endings. I finished season 7 of Grantchester…and talk about wonderful endings! It warmed my heart.
9.) I’m still working on the 2023 printable calendar…it’s coming along, slow but sure. My goal is to send it out on Sunday, September 18th.
10.) That’s all I have for today. Wishing you all a wonderful week.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Happy September! You might check out September Is A Great Month To… it is full of special and fun things to do this month! Don’t we love fall? Make sure to visit the StoneGable Fall Harvest Shops. They are full of fall-inspired home decor!
2. EASY FALL DIY: Put a chunky candle in a glass hurricane and add coffee beans, candy corn, or dried Indian corn around it. Make a few of these candles in different sizes for a festive look. I like to use battery-operated candles with remotes.
3. FALL RECIPES: These delicious recipes are worth making this fall: My favorite Raw Apple Cake, Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer, and Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. You can see more yummy StoneGable recipes HERE.
4. FABULOUS FINDS THIS WEEK…
7. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What simple thing can you do to boost your concentration? What moon happens most in September?
8. CAPSULE WARDROBE: Best new style for fall. What goes around, comes around! Blazers are coming on strong for fall in a new and softer way. See this gorgeous relaxed sweater blazer. Shackets are big this fall. What is a shacket? So glad you asked! It’s an oversized shirt that acts like a jacket. See my favorites HERE and HERE. And the color camel is big this fall. Here is a beautiful sweater in this rich fall color and a stunning knit blazer too.
9. What is your beverage of choice in the am? Coffee, tea, cider? Why not create a coffee bar (or tea or whatever) on your countertop? Here are lots of ideas for transforming your countertop into a Small Space Coffee Bar! Also, check out Ideas For A Fall Kitchen.
Answer to #7- Chewing gum boosts concentration. A harvest moon, when the moon appears larger in the sky, occurs the most in September.
Exclusive Fall Printables and Gift Tags
What you get: a set of 5 watercolor printables and matching gift tags. Exclusively available to OSP email subscribers. Just fill out this form and they will arrive in your email inbox shortly!