Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) If you still need a little something extra to finish up your Christmas decor, I have just the thing. I gathered all the Christmas printables featured on OSP, and put them in one, big collection. And it’s free! There are more than 50 Christmas printables available for instant download. The collection includes wall art, gift tags, a Christmas countdown chain, and more. Click HERE to see everything!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Take time today to pause, to linger, to quiet the noise and remember that your worth is not measured by your productivity.” ~leticiarae.com
4.) For those of us who have lost someone we love, this Christmas song will touch your heart. It’s by a group called Girl Named Tom, and they are siblings who grew up right here in Northwest Ohio. They won The Voice in 2021, and have since been touring the country, singing their hearts out. They are currently opening for Pentatonix. They wrote this song in memory of their Dad, who they lost earlier this year. I’m going to be honest…every time I listen to it, I get tears in my eyes.
5.) BEAUTIFUL NEUTRAL ACCESSORIES FOR AFTER THE HOLIDAYS: this gorgeous ivory throw blanket, these knotted pillow covers that are on our sofa all the time, this French Country Vanilla candle, this set of farmhouse stoneware vases, this handy washed denim floor pouf, and this pricey but beautiful white berry wreath.
6.) INSPIRING IDEAS: this stunning holiday home tour, this lovely DIY asymmetrical garland, this absolutely amazing gingerbread cake, and this very pretty cottage Christmas home tour with touches of blue.
7.) EASY HANDMADE LAST-MINUTE CHRISTMAS GIFTS: DIY lavender sugar scrub, eggnog bread, snickerdoodle bread, DIY simmering scent, these sweet heart ornaments, or this white chocolate bark. (Just use Christmas M&M’s!)
8.) I just discovered that the new Julia Roberts/George Clooney movie, Ticket to Paradise, is streaming on Peacock! I haven’t watched it yet, but it’s on my list. Also, the next chapter in the Yellowstone prequel series begins Sunday on Paramount+. It’s titled 1923, and stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. (Amazing pair!) It’s the second prequel to the Yellowstone series…the first being 1883, which I loved. P.S. You don’t have to be a Yellowstone fan to enjoy the prequels. I have never seen one episode of Yellowstone!
9.) That’s it for me! Wishing you all a lovely week.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Did you get your copy of the Enchanted Christmas e-magazine yet? It’s filled with beautiful images and lots of Christmas inspiration! You can sign up HERE.
2. An alarm goes off in my internal clock on December 10th every year. I get so excited about Christmas. December 10th through the New Year is one big celebration! It’s all about doing things that bring the joy of the season into our home and hearts. For us, it is about celebrating the manger and the cross and the confidence in the hope we have. My Christmas prayer for you is that you too can experience this great joy and hope every day! And be excited for Christmas like never before!
3. LAST-MINUTE CHRISTMAS DECORATING IDEAS: Could your home use a few last-minute Christmas decorations? How about adding a chunky candle to a bowl of Christmas greens or hanging a little wreath on a doorknob with a festive ribbon? Here 9 really easy and pretty Christmas decorating ideas you can do with just a few items in less (way less) than 15 minutes!
4. LAST-MINUTE CHRISTMAS GIFTS: And speaking of last-minute you might like these gifts you will be thrilled to give: this gorgeous pear and Christmas greens gift box, these warm slippers, this amazing therapeutic heat, and cool wrap (LOVE), this super reasonable heated car blanket (brilliant), my favorite Thymes Frasier Fir candle on sale, this beautiful and functional electric skillet (LOVE too), and the Magic Bullet personal blender.
5. WRAPPING THE PERFECT GIFT- the best way to wrap almost any gift is to put it in a box. It’s so much easier and you are apt to be more successful when you wrap a rectangle! Here is a fabulous and so helpful gift-wrapping video! And here is how I make my favorite Christmas bow.
6. FABULOUS FINDS UNDER $60: this ivory chunky knit blanket, these beautiful goldtone lanterns, this wide white speckled bowl, neutral textural oversized lumbar pillow, my favorite brass candlesticks, this marble and wood cake stand, and this stunning brass metal tray I just got.
7. HOLIDAY HOME TOURS: I love this larger-than-life interior designer and her Christmas home is just like her! See her again and the three houses she decorated for Christmas. Each video is long and has so many great takeaway ideas. And I’m addicted to Fia Garcia and her thrift YouTube channel. See free and easy Christmas decor.
8. FUN AND INTERESTING CHRISTMAS FACTS: Black Friday is not the busiest shopping day. What day is? What does Christmas mean?
9. CHRISTMAS APPETIZER: My friend Kim Rice brought Almond Stuffed Dates Wrapped In Bacon to a Christmas party at our home decades ago. And I’ve loved them ever since. So easy to make and amazingly scrumptious! Here’s the easy recipe: Put a whole roasted almond (non-salted) in the hole of a pitted date. Wrap one-third slice of bacon around the middle of the date and secure it with a toothpick. Bake in a 425-degree oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once. The bacon should be done and not burnt. Make lots! These are salty and sweet and a bit addictive.
10. Here are 10 ways to get you in a ho-ho-ho kind of Christmas spirit! And here is a post about THE REAL CHRISTMAS STORY. This post strips away all the pretty trappings of Christmas and gives us a glimpse of the real reason we celebrate!
Answer to #8- December 23rd and 24th are the busiest shopping days of the year. It just might be because 2 out of 3 men wait until two days before Christmas to do their shopping. Christmas first appeared in the early 11th century. It’s derived from two words, Cristes Maesses, meaning Christ’s Mass. Christ means the Anointed One of God and Mass means a church service that celebrated the Eucharist.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. I find my winter wardrobe tends to be a bit more relaxed than the rest of the year due to soft cushy sweaters and chunky boots. If your casual winter wardrobe could use a little pick-me-up, check out these affordable winter fashion ideas using 4 great color palettes with chic pops of color.
3. CURRENT GIFT & DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This perfect-for-any-occasion white with gold trim dinnerware set, this awesome candlestick set (real flame, never melts, great look!), this absolutely beautiful cookware set, and this posh vanity tray.
4. CURRENT GIFT & DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $250: My new slow-cooker crush, this stylish carry-on luggage, this luxury embroidered sheet set (20% off the most luxe sheets!), these gorgeous and cozy faux fur throws and this must-have Le Creuset dutch oven (on amazing sale!)
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this classic guest room dressed for Christmas, these ideas for setting an elegant holiday table in the kitchen, how to decorate a tiny entry foyer that’s pretty and functional, and these surprising ways to revive an antique chandelier.
6. FASHION PICKS: Looking for affordable party looks? This fabulous blazer is so stylish and I can’t believe the price! Pair it with these metallic pants or these metallic pants, this silky camisole top, these terrific shoes and this lovely purse. Top it off with a great earring and you’re ready to go.
7. Need last minute Christmas cards? How about printing out your own? Here are 4 FREE printable Christmas cards to download and print.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: Does entertaining for the holidays make you want to re-do parts of your home? You don’t have to spend a fortune to update. There’s this wonderful sideboard, this graceful accent chest, this polished bookcase, and one of the hardest things to find: this lovely trestle dining table for under $1000. Special mention to last week’s best seller: this simple but refined writing desk that is the epitome of rustic chic (and also on sale!)
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This beautiful bathroom would be stunning without any holiday decor, but with these subtle seasonal touches it’s even more gorgeous. I’m loving these charming organic touches in this wonderful laundry room. I might actually enjoy doing laundry in a room like that. This exquisite entryway dressed for Christmas is both understated and impactful at the same time, owing to the neutral palette and lush greenery.
10. UP NEXT: A romantic mantel, printable gift tags and the Winter Decor Shop!