Wednesday Weekly Wish List #80
Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Did you sign up for my newest ORGANIZE YOUR HOME e-magazine. I have 22 info-packed pages of my best home organizing tips! And you will also get the best StoneGable features right in your inbox.
2. StoneGable just went through a major facelift! Come take a little tour of our new HOMEPAGE and find out all the great new features made with YOU in mind.
3. This week is the “best of the best” week. It’s a look back at my most popular posts and readers’ favorites! Don’t miss The Best Home Decor Posts Of 2022! And this week look for the best of the best Yvonne’s picks for 2022, the best recipes of 2022, and more!
4. HOME DECOR: Continuing along with the “best of the best” theme here are the best or most popular home decor items in 2022! This beautiful chunky throw, this beautiful hand-carved horse, this acacia wood serving tray, this glass coffee table, this hammered metal tray, this decorative neutral book bundle, this Pottery Barn roll-arm comfort sofa, this performance rug I have in my dining room (sold like hotcakes!), this blue wildflower pillow, and this animal print performance rug.
5. RECIPES TO TRY: I made a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner and wanted to serve it with an Au jus. But this roast is notorious for not having good pan drippings to make a sauce. I came across this amazing video for making delicious sauce from a box of broth and gave it a try. It was so so delicious! You can use it as a base for gravy or soup too! Let’s continue making soup with these 25 delicious soup recipe videos here .
6. CAPSULE WARDROBE: Easy winter style: This thermal tunic top, this pretty quilted mock neck pullover, these warm fleece-lined leggings, this reversible barn coat ( have this and LOVE it), and these warm socks.
7. BEAUTIFUL HOMES TO INSPIRE YOU: Take a tour of this breathtaking designer home, and here is a different take on a designer’s home, and one more!
8. 2022 NEW DECOR IN OUR HOME- this white and black metal door bookcase, these end tables in the sunroom, this upholstered bed, this mirror, and this one too, and two twin beds for an upcoming guest room makeover.
9. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What percent of people make New Year’s Resolutions? Who was the first person to declare Jan 1st a holiday?
10. Get started on an easy and so pretty Wood Bead And Wool Ball Garland for winter decorating. It’s fun and addictive and will look so attractive as part of your winter home.
Answers to #8- 45% of all people make New Year’s resolutions. Are you one of them? The first New Year’s celebration dates back over 4,000 years, but it was Julius Caesar who made it a holiday.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. By far, the most popular posts during the week between Christmas and New Year’s are about winter decor after Christmas. I shared 3 this week including Tips for Transitioning to Winter Decor After Christmas and Winter Decor Ideas for After Christmas and 10 Winter Decor Ideas for a Cozy Home.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: These lovely faux fur animal print pillows (set of 2), this cozy cable knit throw, this rustic ceramic cereal bowl set and these adorably chic bookends.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This gorgeous rustic tray, this petite side table, this faux mohair throw blanket, and my favorite mongolian lamb pillows.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This wonderful neutral rug, this elegant table lamp, this great open shelf unit and this awesome wood vase (I just got it and it’s perfect!)
5. Along with winter decor, the next most popular topic that rises to the surface this time of year is organizing and decluttering. You will see many of these posts from me in the next few weeks, as it’s a bit of a passion for me. This week I started with a simple fave: Life Hacks for the Home: 25 Things to Do This Year to Make Life Easy.
6. FASHION PICKS: Who doesn’t love after Christmas sales? Want upscale jeans but don’t want to pay the price? These Mother jeans are less than half price! Now’s the time to pick up cozy winter staples like this boxy turtleneck sweater, this great pointed toe bootie, this oversized easy cardigan, and this wonderful puffer jacket (I love the silver and the shiny black!)
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this New Year’s Day Brunch Table Setting mixing gold and silver, and for those wanting to upgrade your workout space at home by adding little luxuries: 10 Ways to Add Style and Function to Your Home Gym.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: This distressed wood trestle coffee table, this pretty rattan headboard, this charming buffet/TV stand (I love all 3 color options), and this exceptional little end table. And while not under the magic $1000 number, this amazing sofa is a great dupe for the Restoration Hardware ‘cloud sofa’ at a fraction of the cost.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I’m all about a clean spare look right now, while warm and cozy at the same time. Loving this wonderful little seating area, this light and bright bathroom, this soothing bedroom, and this delightful pantry, all from Kate Marker Interiors.
10. UP NEXT: More winter decor, white linens, and 5 decluttering tips.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) It’s been a very quiet week on the blog, which was OK with me. It was nice to take a break, and enjoy the holiday weekend. I hope you all did the same!
2.) YOUR FAVORITES IN DECEMBER: you loved this snowy white berry wreath, and this wonderful for winter knotted pillow cover. This v-neck fringe poncho is perfect for the coming months, and you all agreed! You’ve been scooping up this quilted lounge set in all the different colors, and you really liked this farmhouse style set of vases. I also thought it was super cute that you were ordering this little Encanto doll set!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Fall in love with the path of deep healing. Fall in love with becoming the best version of yourself but with patience, with compassion, and respect to your own journey.” ~S. McNutt
4.) INSPIRING SPACES: I know some of us can’t do a project like this right now, but this very cool and budget-friendly patio redo is amazing! This garage turned guest house is very impressive, I love this Downton Abbey inspired renovated kitchen. and if you are thinking of adding a built-in vanity to your bathroom, this article is for you.
5.) WHAT I’VE WATCHED: Hachi: A Dog’s Tale (have your kleenex handy), Leave No Trace, Christmas at Mistletoe Farm, Don’t Pick Up The Phone (bizarre but true), State of Play, and From Scratch. All on Netflix.
6.) With the New Year holiday weekend coming up, here are some easy and delicious dishes to keep in mind: this fig + walnut baked brie, this one-pot chili mac, or
this one-pot vegetable beef soup. Pair the soups with this garlic cheese bread, or this savory beer bread. Keep it simple and enjoy!
7.) MORE WINTER DECOR ACCESSORY IDEAS: it’s nice to add one or two new things to freshen things up after all the holiday decor comes down! I love this natural rattan vase, this handsome silver picture frame, this lovely small brass table lamp, this generous and cozy furry lumbar pillow cover (comes in 10 color), these little stems of faux white berries, and this rustic round wall mirror.
8.) FAVORITE YOUTUBE CHANNELS: Sarah Richardson, How to Renovate A Chateau, George Dunnett, The Royal Insider, and The Royal Family.
9.) COMING SOON TO THE BLOG: the 6th and final installment of our downsizing story, an update on our winter decor, and a complete reorganization of all the inspirational printables shared over the years.