Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) This week on the blog was busy! I finally organized my spices, I made this rosemary chicken recipe for dinner one night, and I updated my post showing how to make lavender heart sachets. (Just in time for Valentine’s Day!)
2.) WHAT I’M LOVING: this oversized doormat for an incredible price, this foyer table in the prettiest natural wood, this stunning clear glass lamp, this classic swivel chair that comes in three gorgeous colors, this very cool tripod floor lamp, and this popular dip-dyed stool.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Perhaps when you think you’ve lost your way, it’s actually a short cut to a better path.” (I love this Instagram account: @stacie.martin.)
4.) INSPIRING SPACES: see how to wake up a small entry by painting the doors black, create a “hallway moment” with thrift store finds, see how DIY projects can make a small entry live large, and take a look at this tiny entry with board and batten painted in the yummiest color!
5.) Have you heard about a new movie coming out called 80 for Brady? I’m not much of a football fan, but I love that the story is true, and that it’s about the strong bond of friendship that women have and treasure. You can read more about it HERE. The movie opens in theaters on February 3rd.
6.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: All Creatures Great and Small on PBS, The Way Home on the Hallmark Channel, Dog Gone on Netflix, and I’m waiting (not so patiently) for 1923 on Paramount+ to resume on February 5th.
7.) If you love Pyrex bakeware as much as I do, here is one thing you need to know!
8.) RECENT BEST SELLERS: the best seller this month by far is this cute barn coat from Land’s End. It’s on mega sale, and available in four colors. I absolutely love mine. Next is this set of bed sheets that are so soft, followed by this quilted coverlet set. You also loved this ruffled neck tee shirt, (mine arrived and it’s super cute) and you’re still snatching up this classic knot pillow cover, and this chunky yarn dyed one too!
9.) As I sit here writing this, snow is gently falling outside. I’m grateful that I’m warm, that I have a safe place to live, and that my health is good. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself during the winter months because everything is very gray and dark. Today I’m thinking positive, and I hope you are too. Have a lovely week!
JOIN the osp family
Subscribe to the newsletter to get new posts and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. MY MUSINGS: I’m in my after Christmas “I hate all my decor” mood. Do you ever feel that way? So I talked to my friends Lory and Ann, and they were very helpful! Lory asked, “what is the one BIG thing you really do not like” in your living room? This notion of one big thing resonated with me and I finally got to the root of my decorating angst. It was the clock above the buffet. I really love it, but it is dated and I’m very tired of it. So I found a mirror I also loved and ordered it. Wow! What a difference! Just changing one thing helped me move through my living room and change a few more things. Sometimes you just need the help of people you trust. Now friend, what is YOUR one big thing?
2. ON THE BLOG: Do you have a small room in your home? They can be tricky to decorate. With just a little design know-how and savvy tips, you can decorate your small room like a pro! Make sure to read, HOW TO DECORATE A SMALL ROOM. And HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT ACCENT CHAIR has lots of very useful information and more tips that will help you pick out an accent chair for any space in your home. Also included are my favorite accent chairs and links so you can see them all!
3. SPRING DECOR: It’s not too early to think about spring decor you might need to decorate your home. Here’s the perfect neutral spring lumbar pillow, these sweet bunny plates, these stunning white cherry blossoms, these soft pink cherry blossoms, this lovely white and blue vine pitcher, beautiful faux spring paperwhite bulb, these adorable rabbit place card holders, and this rabbits and florals toile lumbar pillow.
4. RECIPES: Did you know that Fridays are recipe days on the blog featuring new recipes I make like BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH LEMON GLAZE. And on the weeks I do not post my own recipes I’m featuring a new series Recipe Roundup with the best recipes from other bloggers! You might want to visit this week’s Recipe Roundup, LUNCH RECIPE ROUNDUP with 25 delicious lunch recipes. If you miss the ON THE MENU posts you can find over a hundred of them HERE. They are still on my blog at the top of the page under the MENU category.
5. WHAT TO WATCH AND READ: I’m watching JACK RYAN and it’s absolutely nerve-racking but so so good! It does have some bad language and a little adult content, just so you know. BE MY GUEST WITH INA GARTEN is a cooking and interview show. Check out the one with EMILY BLUNT (keeping it in the family). In my reading basket is THE DUTCH HOUSE. I can’t wait to start it.
6. DECOR CRUSHES: This mirror I ordered for above my buffet (it’s on sale), this attractive sofa, this swoop arm neutral dining room chair, this perfect round bar cart that can be tucked in so many places in your home, and this hammered metal drink table.
7. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What day does the sun rises exactly due east and sets exactly due west? Can you name 5 holidays that are celebrated in the spring?
Answer to #7- The sun rises exactly due east and sets exactly due west on the first day of spring, the spring equinox. Easter, Passover, April Fool’s Day, Earth Day, Arbor Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Cinco De Mayo are a few holidays celebrated in the spring.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. One of the questions I’m most often asked is where I store all my tableware. You’ll find the answer in this post: Dining Room Storage: The Ultimate Guide to Organizing Your Tableware. And here’s how we organized our primary bedroom closet: Closet Remodel with Easy to Maintain Organization Ideas.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: Love is in the air! Try these Valentine’s Day gifts and home decor. This lovely artisan beaded rope with heart, these farmhouse pottery heart trinket dishes (3 sizes), this elegant open heart picture frame, this adorable heart doormat, and this interlocking hearts bronze sculpture.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This cozy Love pillow, this lovely roman glass heart bowl, this charming botanicals iron heart wreath, this beautiful set of 2 crystal heart votives, and this set of 6 red swirl tumblers.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This gorgeous Aram gold heart frame (comes in silver, as well), this rustic driftwood heart wall art (leave it up all year long!), this wonderful set of 6 colored glass stemware in blush pink or red, and this stunning tulip heart spring wreath.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I got deep into Valentine’s Day and shared these Chic Valentine’s Day Table Decorations and Celebration Ideas and this Valentine’s Day Table with Velvet Hearts. I also shared these Mood Boosters to Banish the Winter Blues.
6. FASHION PICKS: I’m preparing for a trip and have had occasion to look ahead to see where we’re going for spring. I’ve added a few transitional items that will be welcome as the weather warms, such as this oversized denim jean jacket, this wide leg pull-on pant, this midi-slip skirt with a lovely drape, and this chunky clog-mule (on sale!)
7. I’m all about little luxuries and you’ll find some of my favorite, most affordable, little indulgences in: 10 Ways to Use Home Fragrance to Add Luxury to Your Day
8. FURNITURE DEALS: Some great inexpensive accent storage pieces, including this small but charming 3-drawer chest, this pretty embellished 2-door accent cabinet, this cute & convenient corner shelf unit (comes in several colors), this beautiful 3 drawer console table, and this tall wood and wicker 5-drawer chest.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: If you love a mix of clean and modern with Old World elegance, you’ll love this Instagram account. Highlights include this stunning dining room, this wonderful powder room, and this terrific living room.
10. UP NEXT: Luxury living on any budget…