Wednesday Weekly Wish List #85
Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. I truly believe almost anyone can indulge in luxury living if you pepper your life with mini luxuries. If you’d like to add a little luxury to your home, see: How to Add the Finer Things to Your Home on Any Budget.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: Transition your neutrals just a bit toward spring by mixing warm beiges and whites with sage and chambray. Try these indigo pillar candles, these sage glass vases, these textured planter pots, and this Lily of the Valley tumbler set.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: These chambray textured pillows, this mohair throw, these fabulous handwoven vases, and this stoneware glazed dinnerware place setting.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: These ceramic vases in shades of blue, this indigo and cream rug, this lovely woven rattan lamp (shade sold separately), and this placid cornflower check bedding and duvet cover.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared my top organization post: Easy Kitchen Pantry Organization Ideas. We also looked at Refining an Existing Dining Room and for those thinking of renovating a bathroom (or if you just like looking at pretty bathrooms): Bathroom Inspiration with White Marble Tile.
6. FASHION PICKS: Some fresh workout gear, like this perfectly oversized crew sweatshirt, this super high-rise flared yoga pant, this loose fit tank top, and this zip hoodie.
7. I shared 2 more Valentine’s Day posts and I think these are my best: Simple Valentines Day Kitchen Decor Ideas and 5 Ideas for Celebrating a Happy Valentines Day at Home.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: Some more great inexpensive storage accent pieces, including this wonderful light wood buffet server, this lovely 2-door accent cabinet, this pretty 2-drawer console table, this charming end table with lower shelf, and this cute little corner cabinet.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This wonderful Instagram account exudes classic elegance, even bordering on Grandmillennial, with a modern take on traditional decor. Particularly loving this pretty bedroom, this lovely entryway, and this cozy and chic living room.
10. UP NEXT: How to stage your own home and how to make your home more welcoming.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I just shared over 30 easy and budget-friendly Valentine’s Day ideas. It’s not too late to plan something special! I’m also feverishly working on updating more recipe posts. This week I shared box cake mix recipe + tips, this delicious pasta salad, and these cherry almond scones.
2.) WHAT I’M LOVING: about a year ago, I started using three face products by Neutrogena. I’m still using all three, and I love them. I start out with the Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Cleanser, followed by the Hydro Boost Facial Serum. I end with the Hydro Boost Face Moisturizer. All three products are so light, and fragrance-free. If you have been thinking about a change, give them a try!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “With every act of self care your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker. Every act of self care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side; each day I am more and more on my side. ~Susan Weiss Berry
4.) INSPIRING SPACES: these amazing DIY built-ins the homeowners made from IKEA Havsta cabinets, this home designed by Joanna Gaines with a stunning two-tone cabinet wall, this perfect set of open cabinets in an already beautiful kitchen, and this classic off-white kitchen that includes a countertop cabinet with timeless windowpane doors.
5.) This is the time of year when we need faux flowers and greenery. My patio planters are covered with snow, and everything looks completely dead. Add color and texture to your indoor spaces with realistic flowers and life-like greenery. It’s a one-time investment that gives years of joy.
6.) If you are planning a Super Bowl party, here are some easy and amazingly good ideas for feeding everyone. First, a charcuterie board would be perfect. It can be made ahead, and can serve as many or as few as you want. This dip is a classic, and will be gone in no time. This brie in puff pastry is super simple, but looks very impressive! One last idea…bake some loaves of quick bread, slice them, and present them on a pretty tray. A few good choices: banana bread, savory beer bread, or garlic cheese bread.
Tip: bake the quick breads in advance and freeze them!
7.) My Downsizing + Moving Series is complete! It began in the fall of 2021 when we made the decision to leave our home on Sutton Place, and move to something smaller. You can catch up on the entire series HERE. I loved writing each post, and I’m extremely grateful for your support, and all the lovely and helpful comments.
8.) Have you started adding spring accents to your decor? I haven’t yet, but I’m on the lookout for some new accessories. Here’s what I’ve found so far: these candlesticks are in my cart, and this set too (I know I need to decide!) I love this doormat, and for the front door I want to do something completely different. I’m considering this door basket (love the leather trim) or maybe this one (love the shape).
9.) I’m a sucker for an impressive charcuterie board, but this collection of charcuterie boards with a Valentine’s Day theme just made me smile. I think they’re wonderful. ♥ If you want to try your hand at making them yourself, this box would work great.
10.) Wishing you all a lovely and peaceful week…
Want to get all my updates and special offers? Fill out the form below!
JOIN the osp family
Subscribe to the newsletter to get new posts and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). MY MUSINGS THIS WEEK: Are you ready for spring? I usually love winter but it’s been quite mild and there has been no snow. And I love snow. So for a couple of weeks, I’m still decorating for winter decor and hoping for snow. You might like to see EASY WINTER DECOR FOR YOUR COFFEE TABLE. I used 9 items and created 8 simple coffee table arrangements. Here’s another winter post, THINGS TO DO IN FEBRUARY, filled with lots of ideas for you and your home.
2. VALENTINE’S DAY DECOR: I love this sweet red and white set of dishes, this pretty black and white floral tray, this pretty textured heart pillow, this beautiful heart-shaped carved wooden tray (LOVE), this set of 4 stunning red and white cloth napkins, and this perfect and petite cream tea kettle with tiny hearts. Here is a video with lots of IDEAS FOR VALENTINE’S DAY.
3. DECORATING SCHOOL: Learning some basics of good interior design will make you a much better home decorator. It’s my passion to break down important interior design concepts in to easy to understand repeatable processes you can use in your home over and over. This is the backbone of my blog. Here are three important posts filled with how-to decorate ideas: HOW TO ADD CONTRAST TO YOUR HOME, HOW TO USE SCALE AND PROPORTION TO CREATE BEAUTY IN YOUR HOME, and WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT TEXTURE. There are lots of DECORATING SCHOOL posts that are easy to do in your own home.
4. GOOD EATS: Our whole family are big Eagle fans! And now our beloved Eagles are going to the Super Bowl!!! To say we are all so excited is an understatement. So we are planning a Super Bowl party to watch our Eagles win (sorry Chief’s fans). I’ve started a menu that features a spin-off of my Mom’s BEST CHILI. And to go with it, SWEET CREAM CORN CORNBREAD. We will probably serve this SALAD and this PHILLY CHEESE STEAK DIP with WIZ! Always Wiz. I’ll share more of our menu next week as the SUPER BOWL LVII gets closer! Fly Eagles Fly!
5. DECOR IN MY HOME: We just got this piece of art for over our mantel, these handsome floating frames for over the Curlacue Chest, this easy-to-install gallery of frames, this spindle chair, this tufted upholstered bed, my dining room chairs.
6. WORDS ABOUT LOVE TO LIVE BY: Be completely humble and gentle; be patient bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2
7. BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND MORE: In the garden with CAROLYNE ROEHM, a tour of the living room at PATINA FARM, and here is a darling VALENTINE’S DAY COFFEE BAR.
8. READERS FAVORITES: Wow, this set of food storage containers was your favorite last week, and this pretty sweater too, and this mirror, and these wear everywhere pants, this chunky jute rug, and this swoop striped accent chair.
9. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What did the Holywood sign in Los Angeles originally say? What is the name of the only state in the US that has one syllable?
10. VALENTINE DIY: Here’s an easy VALENTINE FLOWER CONE you can make and give to those special to you! And here are sweet and yummy VALENTINE HEART PIES that will be everyone’s favorite!
ANSWER TO #9: The Holywood sign originally said Holywoodland. Maine is only one syllable.