Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. ON THE BLOG: Are you ready for spring? Me too! Here are 5 THINGS TO DO FOR SPRING NOW! Start making and doing things for spring now so when it is here you are ready! Also, get 25 SUPER BOWL RECIPES that can feed a crowd! There are yummy recipes you will love! And here’s an important decor post HOW TO STYLE A CURATED HOME to help you hone your one-of-a-kind style.
2. HOME MUSINGS: This winter I’ve been doing lots of decorating and rearranging. We have been living at the Tanglewood House for a little over three years. I’ve always said, you need to live in a space for about 3 years to really know how your home works and what is right for your current lifestyle. Many of the things that came with me from StoneGable are gone (mostly to my kids) and furnishings that fit my new style have moved in. Decorating is a process and not a once-and-done thing. Downsizing was hard but we could not be happier. If you are thinking about downsizing or have gone through the process you might like to read my 7-part series on DOWNSIZING here. And tell us about your downsizing story too!
3. HAIR CARE: Do you know Manet? I’m over the moon about this hair care system. I started using Manet a few months ago and I just can’t believe how soft and full my hair looks! It made such a difference, now many of my friends are using it too! Just so you know, my darling daughter-in-law is my Monet rep. She has personally helped me figure out what products are best for my hair. If you need a bit of hair care help, HERE’S A LITTLE HAIR QUIZ you can take, and if you want you can drop your email at the bottom of the quiz Abby will personally help you too.
4. CHANGES: We’ve made a few changes to our living room and I’ll share them soon. Part of those changes is a new coffee table. This will be the 6th coffee table in our living room! I am just fickle and unsettled when it comes to a coffee table in this room. See our latest new coffee table HERE. We will see how long this coffee table stays in the living room! This mirror started all the changes. And it is staying! I also found this small pedestal table to go beside our sofa and this stylish lamp to go on the end table.
6. VALENTINE IDEAS: Here are some pretty and easy Valentine’s DIYs you can do: these pretty valentine Rosemary topiaries, these sweet ideas, this beautiful heart-shaped floral wreath, this stunning Valentine heart branch, and this pink tulip wreath for Valentine’s Day that will work through the spring.
7. DECOR CRUSHES: I love this trio of baskets, this wood planter, this beautiful bound sisal rug, this oval hammered metal tray (LOVE), this gorgeous lumbar pillow, this beautiful end-of-the-bed tufted upholstered bench, and this stunning oil painting.
8. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What were those cute little valentine candies originally used for? Valentine’s Day is the second busiest day for restaurants. No wonder we don’t go out on Valentine’s Day. What is the busiest day?
9. CAPSULE WARDROBE: Let’s look at casual spring fashions for this year: this casual maxi dress (LOVE), these wear-everywhere casual joggers, this easy-wear dress, this stylish linen tunic, these cute slip-on sneakers, and my favorite jersey tunic tee.
Answer to #8: Candy hearts were originally used as throat lozenges. They were first shaped as round discs called Neco Wafter and later made into their iconic heart shape. Valentine’s Day is second to Mother’s Day which is the busiest day of the year for restaurants.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. You don’t have to be selling your house to stage your own home. If you want to upgrade the look of your home, try these simple home staging tips: 20 Quick Fixes to Upgrade the House You Live In.
2. This week’s decor crushes are culled from some off-the-beaten tack shops. Be sure to also check out my all new SPRING DECOR SHOP!
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This very special blue and white tissue holder, this wonderfully distressed black marble fluted vase, this white dipped wood blanket ladder, and this whitewashed wood lazy susan.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared how to create a home office in a guest room. these 8 pretty ways to keep your kitchen counters clear, how to use vintage dishes with a dough bowl centerpiece and 9 tips for packing while trying to sell your home.
6. FASHION PICKS: Freshen your winter wardrobe with transitional pieces like this relaxed fit soft denim coat, this classic button down shirt, this lightweight turtleneck tank (a great layering piece), this V-neck sweater vest, and the must-have piece of the season, these wide leg jeans. Prefer to spend less on your jeans? These wide leg jeans will get the job done too!
7. Decorating is all about creating a welcoming home. Here are 7 ways to soften your home and make it more inviting: How to Soften Your Home and Make It More Inviting.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This gorgeous kitchen with stunning stone slab and raw wood cabinets, this exquisite bedroom with yards and yards of chic natural linen, and this lovely home office that’s both feminine and modern.
10. UP NEXT: Decluttering the cabinet under the sink…
Ann | On Sutton Place
2.) EARLY SPRING FASHION BASICS: this classic boyfriend shirt available in 3 colors, these super comfortable relaxed chinos, this cute sweatshirt tunic, this curved hem tunic top, and this longer length full zip hoodie.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul.” ~Corrie Ten Boom
4.) BE INSPIRED: If you love farmhouse style with lots of color, and very big dogs, follow @amycwhyte on Instagram. I also adore everything from @rusticwildarrow…especially the greenhouse! I adore this 1930’s home with overflowing charm, and check out the beamed ceilings in this house.
5.) RESHARE: this is so simple, yet really satisfying and delicious. Pick up an angel food cake at the grocery, along with some fresh strawberries, and Reddi-wip. (We use zero sugar.) Generously top a piece of angel food cake with sliced strawberries, and add a dollop of Reddi-wip. Not only is this dessert easy and yummy, it’s very pretty. Of course, you can substitute other fruits for the strawberries…blueberries would be especially yummy. Enjoy!
6.) CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES: this gorgeous ivory and blue tufted wool rug, this tripod floor lamp with little round shelves, this classic blue toile pillow cover, and this coordinating floral pillow cover.
7.) I’m not great with side dishes for dinner…but sometimes I surprise myself and make something delicious. I just made my mom’s apple salad, and it was so fresh and tasty. Other side dish ideas are this easy pasta salad, and this homemade crockpot applesauce.
8.) RANDOM RECOMMENDATIONS: the book Icebreaker by Hannah Grace, these darling personalized popcorn bowls, Bombas slippers and socks, the second season of Under the Vines is streaming on Acorn, and She Said on Hulu.
9.) That’s it for me…have an amazing week!
JOIN the osp family
Subscribe to the newsletter to get new posts and special offers!