Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I just shared a huge post that breaks down 14 designer decor ideas that are NOT trends. These ideas are tried and true, and each one can be adapted to your own tastes and preferences. This is what one of my readers had to say: “Thank you for this post….because it makes me feel good about my home!”
2.) BUDGET-FRIENDLY PILLOW COVERS: I’m ready for spring and will be sharing some ideas this weekend…but I thought I would give you a little preview of the pillow covers I found. (You can see a couple in the image above.) This classic set of 2 with jute trim comes in 5 colors, this set of 4 is so well-made and the fabrics are amazing, and this lumbar set comes in 7 colors and looks just like linen. Tip: the set of 4 consists of 4 different patterns, so to get matching pairs, I just bought 2 sets. I got 8 beautiful pillow covers for under $60.00!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
4.) WHAT’S INSPIRING ME: take a look at the gorgeous dark cabinet sitting on the countertop in this kitchen, see the before and after of this kitchen and its lovely green cabinets, this tiny laundry room went from nothing to amazing, and see how to add a budget-friendly beadboard backsplash to your kitchen.
5.) We desperately need a new quilt for our bed, because Millie has chewed most of the trim off of our current quilt! We have this cotton/linen quilt in our basement bedroom, but I wanted something different. I found this blue striped set, and I have loved this PB flax linen diamond quilt for years. After looking for a long time, I ran across this flax linen quilt that includes the pillow shams…and it might just be the winner!
6.) When was the last time you baked muffins? If the urge to head to the kitchen and bake comes over you, try making this banana bread recipe into muffins, or these mouth-watering blueberry muffins. Both recipes are easy and quick!
7.) FUN JEWELRY FINDS: I love this classic gold-tone bracelet set, and they would look stunning with this layer up necklace. These dancing petals earrings can be dressed up or down, and they would look beautiful with this neutral multistrand necklace. And I just ordered this set of chain link bracelets for myself!
8.) YOUTUBE RECIPES: I recently came across two very promising dinner recipes. This chicken breast recipe looks absolutely amazing, and I can’t wait to try it. (The channel has over 4 million followers!) Also, this hamburger steak and gravy recipe seems super simple, and had my mouth watering!
9.) FIVE DAILY REMINDERS: 1.) You cannot change your past. 2.) Others’ opinions do not define your reality. 3.) Positive thoughts cultivate positive actions. 4.) Overthinking a problem will not solve the problem. 5.) You cannot make everyone happy.
~Lessons Taught By Life
10.) Have a lovely week! XO
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER!
Just fill out this form to get new posts,
free printables, and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Spring is in full bloom on the blog and in our Tanglewood House! Make sure you visit our Spring Home Tour. Lots of ideas and easy and effortless ways to decorate for spring. And see The Ultimate Guide To The Best Spring Decor.
2. Spring E- Magazine: Did you sign up for our 19-page Spring Inspiration e-Magazine? It’s filled with ideas and beautiful images to help you get ready for spring! Go HERE to sign up.
3. Easy Hacks: Did you know that if we wash fruit we can kill bacteria and spores and get rid of dirt and any tiny bugs? I love strawberries and other berries so washing them correctly is essential to me. Wash berries, except raspberries, in a bowl with one part white vinegar to four parts water. Gently move them around and let them soak for about 20 minutes. Take them out and give them a good rinse and air dry them on a towel. Wash and dry the containers they came in and put a folded paper towel in the bottom of it. Then put the clean, dry berries back in the container and put them in the refrigerator. Fresh and clean fruit, YUM!
4. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $100- my go-to pillows (on sale for $13.99 for 2!!!), this abstract landscape art, this beautiful round vase, this reader favorite planter, these soft blue cloth fringed napkins, this beautiful lumbar pillow, and this handsome tiered tray.
Worth The Splurge- this attractive and versatile console/desk/table, this whitewashed upholstered ottoman/coffee table, my white buffet, this white round pedestal end table, and this tufted upholstered platform bed.
5. Beautiful Home Tours and More: This is a stunning townhouse you will love, this stunning NYC apartment is a repeat. I just love it! I am a huge fan of Bunny Williams. Here is a flower-arranging video with her. And the details in Laura Stephens’s home are so lovely.
6. Pretty Spring Clothes: this fresh floral tunic pullover blouse, white timeless long-sleeved T-shirt, this pretty no-iron linen shirt, these cropped pants that are ADORABLE, these black braided leather sandals, and these white slip-on sneakers.
7. Fun and Interesting Facts: What or who is the month of March named after? What are the “Ides of March”?
8. What Inspires Me: This way to hang pleated drapes, this post for arranging flowers, and this super easy way to make homemade mayonnaise, and this post about 30 things you should look for when thrifting.
9. If you need more pretty and easy ideas for spring check out StoneGable’s Spring Decor category! You will find the best of the best of spring.
10. Decorating School: With just a little designer know-how decorating your home can be a lot easier! And look more curated and pulled together too. Make sure you check out the posts in the Decorating School category on the blog.
Answer to Fun and Interesting Facts: March is named after the Roman god of war Mars. The midpoint of any month on the Roman calendar is the ides of March. So March 15th is a notorious Ide! Shakespeare made the Ides of March famous in his play Julius Caesar.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Looking for something different for your spring decor? Here’s the BIG list of ideas for bringing spring into your home: 101 Inspiring Spring Decor Ideas.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This classic white marble rectangular bowl, this perfectly whitewashed rattan tray, this hand blown etched floral pitcher, and this lovely spring embroidered pillow cover.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This stunning Old World double ear hexagon vase, this industrial rustic wall shelf, this classic cotton handmade printed floral pillow, and this vintage handcrafted mini elm wood stool.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these unusual ways to display teacups in your home, this spring floral in a seasonal tablescape, these 3 dining room updates that make a huge difference and where to buy a French farmhouse couch.
6. BEAUTY PICKS: Last week I shared my skin care and this week I’m filling in my makeup drawers. Like my skincare, most of this I’ve been using for years. I swear by this foundation and this concealer, my absolute favorite blush (the color Orgasm is perfect for most everyone), this eye shadow in Taupe, this drugstore mascara, and this gel liner in Black Ink. I have my lipstick made from 3 Custom Color because my color was discontinued years ago.
7. I know some people are horrified by the thought of painting dark wood, but these DIY Chalk Painted Nightstands completely transformed my bedroom!
10. UP NEXT: Rustic spring decor for the whole house…