Wednesday Weekly Wish List #92
Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). I love spring! It’s pretty and soft and floral and after winter such a burst of life! Monday I posted Part II of my 2023 Spring Tour. I’m touring with 30 talented bloggers to give you tons of ideas to use in your home this spring. And I’m sharing a few more things in our Tanglewood Home you have never seen before! Come on over, my front door is open!
2. Did you get my 19-page Spring e-Magazine yet? It is packed with easy decorating ideas and will keep your spring inspired! Get it HERE.
3. When you get to the bottom of condiments like mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, or even jam, use what’s left in the jar to make a delicious salad dressing or vinaigrette! Stay away from Canola oil. Use olive oil or avocado oil to make salad dressing instead. And please don’t throw away pickle juice! It is great to marinate chicken in! Oh, yum!
4. This time of year I start wanting to dig in the dirt! One of my favorite things to plant is herbs. They are so easy and satisfying to grow, can be used in cooking and in arrangements, and are the culinary gift that keeps on giving! I plant herbs in the ground but my favorite way to plant them is in container gardens. Here is my Herb Container Guide. It has everything you will need to plant, grow and harvest herbs. You can also grow herbs indoors! Get The Ultimate Guide To Growing Herbs Indoor here.
5 . Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $100: these pretty rattan candles, this beautiful wicker 3 wick candle, this fun planter, this landscape art I just got, this lidded woven ottoman, this handsome spindle end table, this pretty white round planter, and this lovely white ceramic vase.
Under $200: this beautiful landscape art, this gorgeous bolster bench (LOVE), this pretty spindle floor lamp, this rolling kitchen island cart,
Worth The Splurge: this beautiful and versatile desk, this stunning woven cabinet, this pretty upholstered cube bench, this beautiful chair,
6. Beautiful Homes And More: you will love this beautiful home, visit Homeworthy’s top 5 garden tours, and get gorgeous ideas for spring 2023 from a store tour (love this).
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What bird can fly backward? What president of the United States owned a whisky distillery?
8. Capsule Wardrobe: this versatile market basket, this French Riviera basket tote, this gorgeous printed basket tote (LOVE), this sweet utility backpack, this blocked striped tote, and this darling tote handbag I got for spring and summer.
9. Decorating School on my blog teaches you how to be a better decorator with tried and true yet easy Interior Decorating concepts. We all love trends so come see the Biggest Decor Trends For 2023, learn how to Mix Warm And Cool Colors Like A Pro, and get tips for an Uncluttered Looking Home.
10. Worthy Notables: this darling Easter candy jar idea, love this pretty spring table, these egg decorating ideas, these Cadbury Mini Egg Brown Butter Cookies, and these Pillsbury Crescent Carrots.
Answer to #7: The hummingbird is the only bird that can fly backward. George Washington owned a whiskey distillery.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. One of the things I always loved about spring is that there are wonderful house tours in our neighborhood. It’s a great time to feature them on the blog, too, and I shared one of my favorites this week. Be sure to visit this amazing French-inspired rustic chic home with both modern and vintage influences at the same time.
2. Now is the time of year I switch over to lighter textiles around our home, putting away the faux fur blankets and chunky knit pillows, opting for lighter options. This weekend I washed the slipcovers on our sofa and ordered this cotton throw blanket and this lighter weight knit throw (both for comfort and they’ll help keep it clean!) Another great option I considered was this linen weave blanket. I’m loving the layered blanket look!
3. SPRING DECOR CRUSHES: these faux white blossom branches, this charming floral bird pillow, this lovely soft green floral ginger jar, these oversized fabulous decorative Easter eggs, these fresh ivy bunny topiaries, and this sweet tabletop easter egg tree.
4. FURNITURE FINDS: In love with this chic bar/console table! It works with so many design styles and offers a great updated attitude. Also crushing on this wonderful track arm sofa and considering it for an upstairs den/office. Reasonably priced but good quality. Looking for a recliner that has elegant lines? Try this lovely tufted back piece. Found this gorgeous armoire that would make a great focal point and will store a lot. Tie it all together with this fabulous antelope patterned rug.
5. SPRING IS IN FULL FORCE ON THE BLOG and this week I shared 6 Ways to Add Spring Cheer to Your Kitchen, this Spring Mantel for the Family Room, this Blush Pink Easter Table (which just might include cherry blossoms), and these 7 Simple Tips for Styling a Seasonal Vignette.
6. BEAUTY PICKS: I’m loving this hydrating comforting repair mask, this perfect neutrals eye shadow palette, my all-time favorite exfoliating body scrub, and the mini-hairbrush that’s always in my bag.
7. We are currently working on a bathroom remodel, which will include similar elements to this tiny bathroom renovation we completed in one of the guest rooms. As always, I aimed for a luxe look on a budget.
8. LATEST TABLEWARE OBSESSION: I’ve been looking for a new set of everyday flatware for some time now. I want something that will elevate our simple white dishes nicely, without using the holiday silver on a daily basis. I’ve narrowed it down to two and I would love to hear your votes in the comments below. There’s this elegant ribbed-column pattern or this curvy berry and thread set. Thoughts? I use plain Belgian linen napkins in the flax color for everyday.
9. One of the habits I picked up last month, while traveling in Australia, is an appreciation for starting my day early. It began one day with a walk to the beach to see the sunrise, and next thing I know, I’m reading The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life Before 8AM. I highly recommend it!
10. UP NEXT: adding character to a modern townhouse, an Easter DIY centerpiece, and lots of spring decor.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1. RECENTLY SHARED ON THE BLOG: this flavorful and so easy homemade butter, along with fragrant healing herbs you can grow at home.
2. BESTSELLERS: my water hyacinth tray that I’ve had for years and still love, this set of fluffy cotton bath towels, my one-gallon Ohio Stoneware crock, my favorite set of affordable sheets, these coordinating pillow covers, and this set of wooden pillar candleholders is still going strong! (Read about the pillow covers HERE.)
3. FAVORITE QUOTE: “Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting, but if you never turn the page, you will never know what the next chapter has in store for you.” The Comfort Zone
4. INSPIRING PLACES AND THINGS: this darling and fresh spring front porch, the most gorgeous images of crabapple blooms I’ve ever seen, this pretty and colorful spring charcuterie board, and this stunning spring flower simmer pot.
5. If you love fresh flowers, but sometimes aren’t sure exactly how to use them in your decor, take a look at this! I made a simple list of different kinds of flowers, arranging tips, and which vessels work the best. So add a bouquet of flowers to your grocery list, and get inspired HERE.
6. When my girlfriend and I were on vacation in Florida, we watched a movie every night. Some we had seen before, but it didn’t even matter. We really enjoyed each one. Here’s our list…on Netflix: The Woman In Gold, Persuasion, and The Best of Me. On Amazon Prime: The Magic of Ordinary Days and The Beach House. (The Magic of Ordinary Days is on Hallmark Movies Now. The Beach House is leaving Prime in a few days, so if you haven’t seen it, try to work it in!)
7. BEAUTIFUL WREATH IDEAS: it’s that time of year when a new door wreath is the perfect way to perk up your porch and front door area. I started looking online, and was impressed with the selection on Amazon. I roamed around and picked out my favorites. Take a look at all of them HERE.
8. THINKING AHEAD: if you need inspiration for your Easter dinner, just pick up a spiral sliced ham. Then make these Delmonico Potatoes, and maybe this old-fashioned Jello salad, appropriately called Orange Fluff. For dessert, here’s a delicious recipe for chocolate pudding cake that is so simple and moist. Everything can be made the day before…that way you can enjoy yourself on Easter Sunday.
9. Since this post is called Wednesday Weekly Wish List, I was wondering if you were wishing for something that I can help with? I can lend a hand if you are looking for something in particular, or need inspiration for an upcoming project. Just let me know in the comments. I’m happy to check off your wish list in the weeks to come!
10. That’s all I have for today. I’m hoping the temperatures rise a little so I can get outside and refresh our front porch. I want to make strawberry bread and sweep the floor of our garage. Definitely nothing exciting, but nonetheless time well spent. See you next week!
Join the OSP Family
Subscribe to our newsletter to get
new posts and special offers!