Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) SHARED ON THE BLOG: this yummy and pretty recipe for strawberry crisp, if peaches are more your thing, you can make these peach shortbread bars, and I’m sending the April digital calendars tomorrow, so if you would like to see what they look like, sign up here!
2.) RECENT PURCHASES: I have been going back and forth on a potting bench decision, but I made up my mind, and ordered this one. I like that it’s aluminum, and that it’s ventilated with holes for air and water. I got this cute black + white top, and I can tell already it’s going to be a summer favorite. I’ve wanted a white jean jacket for a few years, but could never find one that fit just right. I finally hit the jackpot with this one. I also got this cute garden stool for our front porch. I just need it to get a little warmer so I can get out there and refresh!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “My body sometimes feels sore, but it works. I don’t sleep well most nights, but I do wake up to fight another day. My wallet is not full, but my stomach is. I don’t have all the things I ever wanted, but I do have everything I will ever need. My Life is by no means perfect, but it’s my life and I’m happy.”
~My Positive Outlooks
4.) LOVELY INSPIRATION: if you are contemplating an IKEA purchase, take a look at how wonderful these HAVSTA bookcases look in this room, and for blue and gray paint color ideas, click HERE. If you have always wanted to grow sweet peas, my friend Melissa has you covered, and this cute Easter bunny cake is both adorable and easy.
5.) READER WISH: I heard from Linda, who wants help decorating a furnished basement. Basements are all about seating and storage. Sectionals are a great choice, or it’s also savvy to invest in a pair of sofas, if there is ample space. Shopping locally will let you “test out” the seating. If you prefer to shop online, my best advice is to read the reviews carefully, and confirm the delivery method. Lory has this sectional in her family room, and loves it. I can recommend this bookcase, and this TV console, because we have both pieces in our basement. Basements are a great place to hang family photographs, or unique wall art that’s specific to your life.
If you need help with a wish of your own, just leave a comment on this post. Next up is Anne Marie who wants to find a linen headboard!
6.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: I got hooked on a new Netflix show called The Night Agent…and was on the edge of my seat the whole time! If you like oldies, Legal Eagles is also playing on Netflix. Season 12 of Call The Midwife has started on PBS, as well as the final season of Sanditon.
7.) I just ran across a trailer on YouTube for a Bridgerton prequel. It’s called Queen Charlotte, and it premieres on May 4th. It tells the story of the young queen’s rise to prominence and power, and also details her love story with King George. If you’re a Bridgerton fan, check it out!
8.) WHAT’S CATCHING MY EYE RIGHT NOW FOR UNDER $100: this set of 3 brass pillar candleholders (LOVE), this super cute ceramic bunny bowl, this set of 4 gray willow lanterns, this gorgeous dutch oven with 5-star reviews, these fresh meyer lemon soaps + lotions, this neutral coffee table tray, and these colorful and practical melamine salad plates.
9.) Coming in April: my best tips for shopping online, two more updated strawberry recipes, and a new mod podge craft project that I hope turns out the way I want it to! More on that to come.
10.) Wishing you all a productive and peaceful week! XO
JOIN the osp family
Subscribe to the newsletter to get new posts and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). This year our whole family will be together for Easter! Holidays are the time to make memories and build strong family ties! I love to set a pretty Easter table! I’ve set dozens of Easter tables and try to make them all a little different each year! I’ve collected my best ideas in The Ultimate Guide To Easter Table Decor Ideas. Even if you are not setting an Easter table there are so many beautiful images and lots of spring inspiration for you. You might also like to read Dining Table Centerpiece Ideas.
2. Here’s a no-fail way to keep your whites white! No more dingy towels! Mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 cup of Borax to your laundry load. The powder goes into the drum and the liquid into the detergent or bleach compartment. If your whites are very very dingy soak them in 1 gallon of hot water and 1/2 cup of Borax. Then wash as usual.
3. Deliciousness: These pastel recipes for spring, beautiful arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette, 42 scrumptious spring recipes, a fun sweet treat bunny bait, this stunning Easter Bread, million dollar deviled eggs, and this seasonal shaved asparagus and parmesan salad with raisins.
4. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $60.00- this large beige linen book box (perfect for a remote), this glass match jar, this off-white fluted planter, set of two standing spoons, and this gray wood block pillows, my favorite vase (on sale), this summer painting, and this large natural rattan bowl.
Worth The Splurge: these handsome woven leather stools, this chunky wool/jute rug I have my eye on, this scroll vine inlaid buffet (LOVE), this pretty painted kitchen rolling cart, and this amazing rocker swivel chair.
6. Did you sign up for my Spring Inspiration e-Magazine? It’s full of images, ideas, and as the title says, inspiration.
8. Fun And Interesting Facts: Why is Ham a traditional Easter staple? Why does the date for Easter change every year?
9. In my area it’s time to start some early outdoor planting. I’ve just planted spinach in my raised beds. Raised beds are so easy on my back and knees! Here are a few you might like too: this sturdy planter with a shelf, this planter with side shelves, and this planter. Even if you are not a gardener digging in the dirt of a raised bed planter is easy and fun.
10. An Unusual Idea: Do you sleep under a sheet? Recently we have gotten rid of our top sheet and it is freeing! One of us untucks the sheets by kicking them free and one of us finds the sheets making their way up around one’s neck! So we got rid of the top sheet and LOVE it! We have a white matelasse thin quilt to cover us and it gets washed with the bottom sheet weekly. Just wondering if anyone else does something like that too?
Answer to #8: Ham is a traditional Easter staple because in days long past pigs were killed and the meat cured in the winter. The ham was ready to eat in the spring. Easter is celebrated the Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. Now you know!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Want to add character to an ordinary house? We transformed a newish and bland, builder grade townhouse into an updated French Country home. Be sure to check out the transformation.
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these spring posts: how to make a super easy Easter centerpiece, how to use accessories to add spring color to a neutral home, this beautiful Easter table setting, and simple spring decorating ideas for the dining room.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: These lovely faux lilac stems, these classic square white appetizer plates, these beautiful mother of pearl picture frames, and this perfect utensils & flatware drawer organizer.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This springy faux wild grass & eucalyptus wreath, this elegant storage bath caddy (on sale!), this wonderful vintage print framed art (also available for much less unframed), this blue and white chinoiserie pillow, and this charming bureau pitcher with glass.
8. Have you recently or are you ready to downsize your home? Several years ago, I helped my parents move from their family home into a small apartment in our neighborhood. Here’s how I helped them maintain their style and decorate their space in the lovely blue and color scheme that my mother so loved.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I recently discovered a new-to-me blog that celebrates the little luxuries and small pleasures in life that I so love! All the better, this blog, The Simply Luxuriously Life, is tailored for the Anglophiles and Francophiles out there. I found it while looking for my next book to read, and loved the author’s first book, Choosing the Simply Luxurious Life. Now I’m reading the next two!
10. UP NEXT: Preparing your home for overnight guests, DIY printable bookmarks and garden decor for the home.