Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. This week I updated my Amazon Shop with all fresh links to rustic chic decor and furniture. If you like a lovely mix of vintage modern with French farmhouse, be sure to check it out. It’s super easy to shop and everything is grouped by category (it’s all summarized in this post), including, chairs, sofas, chests, tables, desks, beds and more.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $60: This beautiful flat weave entry rug, these gorgeous white cherry blossom branches, this decorative terracotta finial, this ever-so-springy gate pattern pillow, and the best seller from last week: this lovely floral bird pillow.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared decorating for spring by bringing garden decor indoors, a french blue and white spring holiday table, preparing the entire home for overnight guests, and FREE printable bookmarks with a spring theme.
6. SPRING FASHION PICKS: This sweet vee-neck tee (half-price!), these fabulous light wash cargo jeans, these perfect cork sandals, this awesome tan oversized blazer and this adorable tote. Or try these slimmer vintage wash jeans with these Chanel sling back dupes for a fraction of the price.
7. I’ve always found the family room tricky to decorate because I want it to be comfortable and extremely functional, but also to be stylish and chic. Here’s how our family room has evolved since we moved in to a room that I feel accomplishes both.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I’m a huge fan of silk scarves and always enjoy finding new ways to tie them. This quick video shows an easy and new-to-me way to tie a scarf that shows off the pattern beautifully.
10. UP NEXT: An easy impromptu way to entertain for last minute guests who drop by.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) RECENTLY ON THE BLOG: Decor accessories are like the icing on a cake, and I shared my ten favorite ideas on Sunday. Small decor items are the perfect way to change the look of a room, quickly and efficiently.
2.) MARCH BESTSELLERS: the top seller by far was this set of 4 pillow covers that I added to our living room for spring. You guys loved them! Next, and it’s no surprise, was this white jean jacket. The Petite sizes are almost sold out, but there is still a good selection in the Misses sizes. You scooped up this Belgian linen and cotton quilt set, and this layer up necklace is still available, and perfect for summer.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.” ~Paulo Coelho
4.) LET’S GET INSPIRED by listening to this lovely selection of music from Pride and Prejudice, and perhaps baking this delicious cake. (The video has 2.4 million views!) Take a tour of this sophisticated coastal home in Vancouver, and just for fun, relax by looking at this lovely collection of Dutch doors.
5.) YOUR FAVORITE POSTS SO FAR THIS YEAR: I have to admit that I’m a little surprised at what I found out! In third place is my mom’s recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce…and it’s made in the microwave! In second place, and it’s been there for a while, is my post on drooping tulips. I also include information on how to arrange tulips. Finally, in first place with the most pageviews so far, is my post on Clematis. I had a couple of gorgeous plants at the Sutton Place house…and I miss them!
6.) FUN FAVORITES FROM WALMART: I adore this cute lady’s bicycle…the wheels and basket are perfect! This colorful pillow would look great on a porch or patio, as would this fun wicker bistro set. This 9-foot patio umbrella comes in 19 different colors, and has great reviews. This soft cooler bag comes in 4 feminine patterns, and would be great for a summer road trip. Last, this round wood serving tray (pictured above) is one of my favorite decor accessories. Here is a similar pitcher too!
7.) TIP: when you have an annoying sticky label to remove, use any kind of essential oil. It works like a charm! Use a few drops directly on the label. Wait a few minutes, and then wipe it away.
8.) READER WISH: I heard from Anne Marie who wants to find a simple linen headboard. I love the Genevieve linen upholstered bed from Crate and Barrel. Another stunning option from C&B is the Lafayette upholstered bed, and this one comes in 12 colors. The Hanson upholstered bed from Joss & Main is the same model that we have in our bedroom. We got our bed on Wayfair, but it’s not listed there now. We love it! One more choice is the Elliot Shelter upholstered bed from Pottery Barn. It’s a classic for sure.
9.) That’s it for me! Wishing you all a wonderful week. XO
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER!
Just fill out this form to get new posts,
free printables, and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). The Meaning Of Easter: Easter is only a few days away. I love this beautiful and holy holiday! I like to soak in every minute of the week before Easter because it is an important part of my faith. And my faith is an important part of my life. For Easter, you might like to read a post I wrote called Finding The Empty Tomb, reflecting on a time I got lost in Old City Jerusalem. This time of year I write so much about spring and decorating and things to make our homes beautiful. But I also write every Sunday about things that will give life and light to our souls!
2. Easter Traditions: Have you dyed Easter eggs yet? Every year we dye Onion Skin Easter Eggs. My Nani (grandmother) dyed them this way and so did my mother and so do I. I’m sure my Nani’s mother and grandmother taught her. And I hope my children dye their Easter eggs with onion skins and teach their children. It is part of our Easter tradition that has been passed down through our family. What are your Easter traditions? Please share in the comments.
3. More Natural Ways To Dye Easter Eggs: Dye Easter eggs with things you have in your refrigerator or pantry! For Purple eggs use red beets, for yellow eggs use turmeric, for pink eggs use raspberries, for Orange And Rust Eggs use onion skins, and for Blue Eggs use red cabbage or grape juice. Follow the directions on the blue egg post to dye eggs naturally.
4. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $60: beautiful goldtone mirror (LOVE), this gorgeous piece of art on sale, this gorgeous goldtone bowl (just got it), this artisan ceramic bowl, this coiled catch-all basket, and this trio of candlesticks.
Under $200: this beautiful goldtone round side table, this framed abstract beige art, this beautiful round outdoor dining table (goes with cane chairs below), and this pretty wood bench with a cushion.
Worth The Splurge: my favorite bench stool, 4 stylish cane back chairs (goes with the round table above), this tall cabinet with drawers, this stunning wood and black metal tall cabinet, this beige wood cabinet (don’t miss this one), and this green velvet slipper chair (sigh).
5. Something New: I’ve started a special page for you to see all my favorite things I’m finding on Amazon. Every week I’ll curate them on a special page. I hope you like this new addition to WWW and the things I’m sharing too. See Amazon Finds Curated For You.
6. Beautiful Home And More: This stately southern home in Birmingham, a South Carolina bungalow, a must-see historic home in Charleston South Carolina, and this expansive home in Maine with expansive views. I love to listen to how people talk about their homes.
8. Fun And Interesting Facts: What part of a chocolate bunny usually gets eaten first? In what country does a cuckoo deliver eggs instead of the bunny?
9. Easy Cobbler Recipe: Bake this super easy cobbler for Easter or any time! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Empty afrozen bag of blueberries into the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish. Add a frozen bag of strawberries over the blueberries. Shake a white or yellow box cake mix over the fruit. Pour 1 1/2 cups lemon-lime soda evenly over the cake mix. Do not stir! Bake for 45 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
10. What I’m Finding Around The Web: this lemon loaf cake recipe, these Easter tables, 5 favorite scone recipes, these sweet spring printables, refrigerator organizing ideas, and best kitchen storage ideas.
Answer to #7: A chocolate bunny’s ears usually get eaten first. Switzerland has an Easter bird instead of a bunny. Now you know!