Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) This week on the blog I shared a recipe for strawberry parfaits, and they are so many things. Delicious, beautiful, easy, and quick!
2.) I recently updated two of my most popular posts. The first shows how I maintained the edging stones around my perennial garden at the house on Sutton Place. Just one afternoon, once a year, and the job was done. The second focuses on putting together the easiest front porch planters ever. (Seriously, they take only a few minutes to assemble!)
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Never be discouraged if your pursuit of something significant is met with obstacles and trials. The higher the purpose, the harder the path.” ~Rigel J. Dawson
4.) FAVORITE FURNITURE PIECES: this console table with drawers that’s on sale, this unique round coffee table that’s open and airy, this neutral swivel chair that will fit just about anywhere, this 3-drawer nightstand that comes in 4 colors, and this small but very cute hobnail table lamp.
5.) INSPIRING PLACES: I adore this simple outdoor summer table, and take a look at this stunning home tour. Make sure to notice the cabinets that flank the fireplace. If you need kitchen island inspiration, just look here, and these farmhouse exteriors are sure to inspire!
6.) CURRENT FAVORITE DRINK: equal parts Fresca and Light Pineapple Juice from Dole. So refreshing and hardly any calories!
7.) FASHION FAVORITES: this casual denim button-down dress, this crisp cotton shirt in 6 cute prints, this feminine v-neck tunic, this cool and flattering linen dress, and my favorite capri leggings come in 4 colors and are $10 off!
8.) ON MY WATCH LIST: The Last Thing He Told Me on Apple TV+, The Diplomat (starts tomorrow) on Netflix, and Queen Charlotte (coming May 4th) on Netflix. I just watched American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombing on Netflix. It was fascinating, and I came away with a renewed admiration for the people of Boston.
9.) Last week it felt like summer, and as I write this, it’s snowing! Springtime in Ohio is never dull, and always unpredictable. Wishing you all a lovely and sunny week! XO
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER!
Just fill out this form to get new posts,
free printables, and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. It’s time to dig in the dirt! Yay! Warmer weather is here or soon on its way and it’s time to do some easy spring and summer planting! Step into the world of raised bed, beautiful container gardens, and other easy gardening ideas. You can explore all the Garden Posts here.
2. Mother’s Day Gift Ideas: This beautiful floral mug, this Mother’s Day candle and perfume roller set, this pretty packable straw hat, this leather zipper monogrammed pouch, these stunning buttercup earrings, this delicious cookbook, classic gold frame perfect for a family picture, this Mama dishtowel, these glamourous sunglasses, and a sunglass case. See more Mother’s Day gift ideas on my Amazon Page HERE.
3. Decorating School: Now is the time to work on your home’s aesthetics without breaking the bank. Check out these posts with the best practical and pretty tips: Accent Decor Every Home Needs, Beautiful And Easy To Do Centerpiece Ideas, Designer Secrets For Rooms That Stay In Style.
4. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $60-ish: This woven top ottoman with metal legs, this white ribbed bowl, this woven storage box with legs, this wood and metal glass covered cake stand, this neutral embroidered pillow, this ribbed lamp, and a set of 4 marble coasters.
Under $150: the perfect scalloped handwoven tray (just got this for summer entertaining), my favorite upholstered cubes (I have 4), a beautiful cream garden stool, this handsome wicker-covered hurricane lantern, this pretty goldtone double sconce.
6. Best Decorating Tip: Layering a room can create a cohesive and curated look. Here are the basic steps to think about. First Layer: neutral foundational furniture, Second Layer: other furniture, Third Layer: rugs and curtains, Fourth Layer: lighting, Fifth Layer: mirrors and art, Sixth Layer: accessories and accents. All layers should work together to create a beautiful room.
7. Fun and Interesting Facts: What is the fattest part of your body? What is the worst day to go to the bank?
8. In The Kitchen: this knobhill canister, these pots and pans, this variegated marble cutting board, these blue and white dishes, these block print napkins (in four colors), and this floral bakeware pie dish.
10. Amazon Finds This Week: Go here to see my favorites on Amazon.
Answer to #7: No the fattest part of your body is not your stomach or derriere, it’s your brain! The brain is over 60% fat. Over half of the bank robberies occur on Fridays. So that is a good day to not go to the bank. Now you know!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Last week I shared a really fun post in which I put together a house tour of my dream home. I picked my favorite rooms from various houses that if put together would comprise the ultimate modern french-inspired home. Be sure to take a peek!
2. Sticking with the modern french theme, in this post I detail how we updated our dining room and how it has evolved over time from old school french country to a more modern rustic chic. The best part is that I barely changed any of the furniture and yet the room is completely transformed.
3. AFFORDABLE DECOR CRUSHES: These charming olive branch kitchen towels, these calming outdoor pillows, these terrific outdoor lanterns, this lovely powder coated watering can, this elegant ruffled marble bowl (sold out at Anthropologie, get it here!), and last week’s best seller, these wonderful acacia wood charcuterie boards.
4. OUTDOOR FURNITURE DEALS: Looking to spruce up the patio for spring? This egg chair is a best seller and a great deal. This sectional set has a great look for a great price, as does this pair of swivel chairs. This patio conversation set is also awesome and very affordable. If you prefer a single outdoor sofa, this one is lovely, and this chic teak dining set rounds out the package.
5. FASHION PICKS FOR SPRING: This must-have cross body phone case with card slot, this lovely plaid tiered midi dress, this beautiful denim lady jacket, this best selling 3-strap sandal, this elegant Bottega-dupe satchel (comes in a range of colors), and my number one best seller: this raw hem straight leg jean.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared creative ideas for Mother’s Day gifts by pairing items together in a mini-gift basket, spring decor ideas for a white bedroom, this pretty spring table, and this Mother’s Day table mixing vintage china.
5. MY TOP RECOMMENDATION: The items I share are often on my wish list, but I particularly love to share items that I own and love. A year or so ago, after much research, I bought this air fryer and it was wonderful. However, when we changed our countertops to white quartz, I hated having the big black fryer on the counter, so I gave it to my son and bought a smaller white one from another company. I used it once and saw the difference immediately. It was terrible and sat unused on the counter for a while. Then, the company recalled it, and I was delighted to find that the original one I loved was available (with a few less buttons) in white. I bought it and can wholeheartedly say it is as good as the original model. So if you want a great white air fryer, I highly recommend this one. (Do not be put off by the analog interface. It has all you need!)
8. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Love the light and airy style of this great room, this white bathroom is absolutely stunning in an unexpected kind of way, and one of my favorite bedrooms perfectly dressed for spring.
9. FAVORITE QUOTE: “The beautiful spring came, and when nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” —Harriet Ann Jacobs
10. UP NEXT: Patio decor, gardening tips and Mother’s Day ideas.