Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. House tours are always among my most popular posts, and in my latest post, I shared a tour of a wonderful rustic beach cottage that we visited a few months ago. Be sure to check it out for warm-weather decor inspiration!
2. GIFT / DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: My absolute favorite new book on French Blooms would make a perfect Mother’s Day gift. Other top picks include these beautiful books that feature Peonies and Lilacs and Dahlias and the most recent one, Ranunculus. They look great on a shelf together! There’s also this lovely new book about seasonal flowers in the home.
5. Doesn’t it feel like spring has suddenly bloomed in the past week? That’s how it feels here in the northeast. For patio decor inspiration, see how I created an outdoor room on our patio and how to add summer style with outdoor accessories.
6. FASHION PICKS: Last week’s best seller by far was this lovely plaid tiered midi dress. Wear it with this oversized trucker jean jacket over it, this spacious raffia tote, and these padded leather sandals. Other summer dress options include this simple chambray shift dress and this plaid smocked sundress.
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I also shared how to upgrade a chest of drawers with chalk paint, along with 10 ways to brighten your Mother’s Day celebration and a compilation of gardening ideas and inspiration.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: This comfy sofa, this on-trend accent chair, this delightful entry bench (I love the antique white), this pretty extendable dining table, this amazingly priced outdoor seating set, this charming weathered desk, and this fabulous raw wood bar stool.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I just love this updated rustic chic home – swipe through all 10 slides. This lovely library features a mix of styles and wonderful shelf styling. And if you’re tired of all white, but still love a rustic chic aesthetic, you’ll love this nature inspired home (swipe through).
10. UP NEXT: another new house tour and summer tips.
Ann | On Sutton Place
2.) FUN FURNITURE + DECOR FINDS: this adorable ticking stripe swivel chair, this functional and pretty desk chair with no wheels, this gorgeous peel and stick wallpaper, this neutral and generously sized lumbar pillow, this rustic round candle lantern, and this set of rattan stacking outdoor chairs at a great price. (To compare, check out the pricey Serena and Lily version HERE.)
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do.” ~Francine Jay
4.) WHAT’S INSPIRING ME: This little house is simply charming and cozy, this earthy backyard dining area is al fresco at its best, I adore the wooden spoons on the wall in this kitchen, and these sweet topiaries take about 5 minutes to make!
6.) I mentioned last week that there were a few shows on my watch list. Well…I watched The Diplomat on Netflix, and I also started The Last Thing He Told Me on Apple TV+. I like both of them!
7.) SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU SMILE: I’ve mentioned a few times that I follow a couple on YouTube who are renovating a chateau in Normandy, France. They recently posted a video sharing that their master carpenter and friend, Benoit, had severely injured his hand on a saw in his atelier. I won’t go into details on the injury, but it looked bad. The equipment in his atelier was old, and didn’t have modern safety features. To help Benoit out, Anna and Philip hosted a Go-Fund-Me with the hope that they could raise enough money to buy him a modern and safe table saw. They were all blown away by the response, and ended up raising over €70,000! I thought the whole idea was such a kind thing to do…and it just goes to show that when many people give a little bit, it really makes a difference.
8.) I’m just about ready to buy my ferns, and put our summer front porch together. I was searching online for some new ideas, and came across this article that features the biggest ferns I’ve ever seen! Take a look because they are absolutely stunning.
9.) Wishing for barbecue season? You aren’t alone! If you need a new grill, summer is the perfect time to buy one, and possibly on sale too. This is our grill, and we love it. Like everything else, it’s gone up a bit in price, but it’s a good size, and very dependable.
10.) Have a wonderful week!
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER!
Just fill out this form to get new posts,
free printables, and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Yumminess On The Blog: Do you make the same old side dishes? Me too! Get 37 Vegetable Side Dish Recipes that will break you out of your side dish rut! Here is my Go-To Soup Recipe which is a pantry recipe. And here are 46 crowd-pleasing Easy Casserole Recipes that are sure to be favorites.
2. To Make You Smile: “Even I don’t wake up looking like Cindy Crawford.”—Cindy Crawford, “I don’t trust anyone who does their own hair. I don’t think it’s natural.”—Truvy Jones, Steel Magnolias, “The Lord gave us two ends: One to sit on and the other to think with. Success depends on which end we use the most.”—Ann Landers
3. What I’m Finding: if you like lemon you will love this delicious recipe, and this easy thing to do that blew my mind and saved me $$$, this super easy lamp transformation, this is an easy way to make your home smell delicious, and this pretty way to use broken plates.
4. Decorating School: These posts will help you decorate your home and will make you a more confident decorator. How To Decorate A Buffet is an expansive look at the best design tips for decorating flat surfaces in your home. And Tell Your Story is about ways to use your personal experiences, personality, and things you love to create a home that tells your unique story.
5. Decor Crushes This Week:
Worth The Splurge: this gold leaf mirror, this comfortable swivel chair in 54 colors, this handsome striped chair, this Adirondack chair for your yard or firepit, and this feather-filled swivel chair.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What percent of people have natural red hair and blue eyes? What is the average height of a woman in the United States?
8. Amazon Finds: See all the beautiful things I curated with you in mind on Amazon.
9. Front Porch Decorating: It’s time to get our front porches and patios ready for late spring and summer. 7 Small Porch Decorating Ideas will help. Here are some beautiful picks for items you might need for your porch: this handsome rocking chair, this neutral natural fiber pom pom pillow ( I have a couple and use them indoors and out), this floral print coir doormat, this stylish black bench, this stylish porch swing, this self-watering planter, and this black and ivory outdoor rug (for under a doormat).
10. Keeping with the front porch theme you might want to check out this Beautiful Summer Wreath Diy that anyone can make because it is so so easy and has step-by-step directions and lots of images. And to help you plant your porch container garden check out The Ultimate Guide To Easy Container Gardening.
Answer to #7- Only 2 percent of the people in the world have natural red hair and blue eyes. The average height of a woman in the United States is 5 foot 4 inches.