Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). The #1 question readers ask me is “Where did you get that”. Now you can browse and shop many of the items you see in my home. Go to StoneGable’s Home Shop by clicking on the word SHOP in the header of my homepage or scroll down towards the bottom of the homepage and find SHOP MY HOME, or go HERE.
2. Simple Summer Recipe: Here’s a simple and delicious Strawberry Cobbler recipe you can make with a box cake mix. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread 5 cups of sliced strawberries and any juice in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar over the berries. Then sprinkle a yellow cake mix over the sugar and strawberries. Cut 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) into cubes and dot it over the cake mix. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top is brown and the strawberries are bubbly. Serve with ice cream. Tastes like summer.
3. Best Amazon Finds This Week: Go HERE to see my favorite Amazon finds this week.
4. Beautiful Home And More: Want to make your home look more expensive (elevate your style)? You will love the savvy tips Jennifer has for you, and here’s another informative and interesting video from Jennifer sharing how to make a small home look its best, and I love this gorgeous and attainable European Transitional home.
5. Fun And Interesting Facts: Why is the 5th of May celebrated? What is the full moon on May 5th called?
6. Americana Summer Decor: (see Pottery Barn) these gorgeous napkins (just ordered them), these blue tile canisters, this patriotic doormat, set of 6 white with stripes napkins, this blue and white dinnerware set, this red and white antiqued striped pillow, and this stunning blue and white pillow.
8. Amazing Charcuterie Board Ideas: this very creative monogram dessert charcuterie board DIY, these sweet charcuterie cups, this sweet Mother’s Day charcuterie board, this ultimate charcuterie board, and this pretty and simple charcuterie board.
10. Decor Crushes For Your Home: this pretty daybed, this sharp-looking handwoven rug, this gorgeous swivel chair, these beautiful planter pots on sale, these stacked linen boxes, and these stunning faux fiddle leaf fern plants.
Answer to #5: The 5th of May is Cinco De Mayo and it commemorates the victory of the Mexican army over the French army in the Battle Of The Pueblo in 1862. The Flower Moon is the full moon in the sky on May 5th.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. With Mother’s Day fast approaching, you’ll find lots of ideas in this post that shares tips for a relaxing grace-filled day, as well as hints for lovely Mothers Day gifts.
2. Are you looking to update your dining table? This pair of posts can be inspiring and helpful. Here’s a Guide to Buying a Rustic Dining Table, as well as how we transformed our breakfast room with the perfect dining table.
3. FURNITURE DEALS: Way Day may be over but the deals from Wayfair are still going strong. This cane back accent chair is well priced and very on-trend. This sectional sofa with chaise is super-affordable with a great look. This rustic modern console table costs less than a pair of designer jeans. I love the look of this farmhouse bathroom vanity which is very attainable. This gorgeous wagon-wheel chandelier is more than 30% off. And this 6-person outdoor dining set is an amazing deal!
4. FASHION PICKS: The most popular post from this spring has been the spring capsule. Here are some recent best sellers in fashion: This perfect vintage jean, this classic v-neck tee in stretch linen (on sale!), this chambray shift dress, this awesome summer tote and this raffia tote, and this oversized blazer (50% off now!).
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared a collection of summer ideas that includes relaxed and easy solutions for decorating and entertaining, this dreamy master bedroom update, and these 8 subtle tricks for setting a unique table.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: This lovely botanical indoor/outdoor pillow (comes in several colors), this sea urchin stoneware platter, these speckled handmade glass candle holders and this sweet textured ginger jar.
7. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This wicker basket umbrella stand, this lovely bamboo cachepot, this elegant lacquer tray with handles, this framed crystal wall decor and this charming french blue stripe bow pillow.
8. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: These wonderful new wood and frosted glass outdoor lanterns, this set of 2 gorgeous chinoiserie lamps, this classic pair of tall planters, and last week’s best seller, this raw wood vase.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This gorgeous home has the perfect blend of rustic, modern and chic. I’m madly in love with this stunning French home. This lovely home embodies a light and airy European farmhouse style.
10. UP NEXT: A preview of a huge designer showcase house tour!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) If making salads isn’t your favorite thing to do…I’m here to help! The secret to enjoying healthy salads at home is to prepare several at a time. That way you are doing everything just once, instead of 3 or 4 times. Take a look at these easy meal prep salads that will make your life so much easier!
2.) BEST SELLERS FOR APRIL: my new potting bench was really popular, so I’m happy about that! You also loved this classic white pitcher, this gorgeous layered necklace, this cute dress that can double as a cover-up, this practical girlfriend cardigan, and you are still grabbing this set of coordinating pillow covers.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.” ~William Morris
4.) INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY: please head over to my Instagram account and enter our Mother’s Day giveaway. I’ve included some fun things that were featured in the Mother’s Day Gift Guide I shared a couple of weeks ago. All the details can be found HERE!
5.) JUST FOR FUN: this tip for fertilizing plants is one I have never heard of, if you have an hour, here’s a collection of vintage spring music, here’s a tiny preview of what’s happening during the Coronation of King Charles this weekend, and I thought this story of a brother and sister separated during World War II was so heartwarming!
6.) NEED INSPIRATION? This stairway makeover in a lake house is so full of color and fun, see how to make a topiary using two of my favorite things, this tuna noodle casserole recipe looks so good, and it doesn’t use any canned soup. Last, this patio makeover is full of ideas for outdoor living.
7.) One of my favorite budget-friendly accessories is a cute floor pouf placed in front of, or beside a chair. The one pictured above moves around our home, and it’s the handiest thing. This pouf comes in 3 colors and is full of texture, this navy and white option would be perfect just about anywhere, and this plaid version would be a great addition either inside or out. This striped pouf has the sweetest little tassels, and this cute one looks like a hobnail vase!
8.) NEW RECIPES! Let’s head to the kitchen and make something wonderful…like this easy recipe for one pot chicken and noodles, or these yummy strawberry bars. (It might not seem like the right time for chicken and noodles, but as I write this, it’s cold and windy. It sure doesn’t seem like May is here!)
9.) RESHARE: Pick up a bunch of red or green seedless grapes at the grocery. Wash them in a bath of apple cider vinegar and water, then rinse well. (Fill a large bowl with cool water and add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.) Place them on a clean dish towel to dry. Put them in a resealable bag or container, and place them in the freezer. Pop these frozen grapes in your mouth whenever you need a little pick-me-up. They are delicious!
10.) That’s it for this week. Thank you so much for your friendship!