Wednesday Weekly Wish List #99
Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) RECENTLY ON THE BLOG: this guide to the best farmhouse pillows has tips for adding pillows to your decor, along with all my sources. I just updated my recipe for blueberry coffee cake, and if you missed it, here are easy directions for making your own DIY citronella candles.
2.) FUN OUTDOOR FINDS: this 3 piece bistro set would be perfect on any porch or patio, this black and white set is crisp and summery, this melamine tableware comes in 3 bright and fun colors, if I had room for a firepit I would definitely get a Solo Stove, this outdoor woven stripe lumbar pillow comes in 6 colors, and these outdoor bistro chairs come in 10 colors, have great reviews, and are an excellent price!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Just because you can make the payments doesn’t mean you can afford it.” ~Dave Ramsey
4.) EASY INSPIRATION: if you want to take the architectural details in your home up a notch, check this out. Here are easy step-by-step directions to build a wall plate rack, look at these 15 amazing greige paint colors with real photos, and did you know you could grow clematis in containers?
5.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: there’s a 6-part series on National Geographic about Miep Gies that’s excellent so far. (She helped hide Anne Frank and her family during WWII.) It’s called A Small Light. New episodes air on Mondays on NatGeo, and stream the next day on Hulu and Apple TV+. I also watched The Secret Scripture on Hulu, and A Man Called Otto on Netflix. Loved both of them.
7.) GET IDEAS FROM THESE HOME TOURS: this quaint beach cottage on Lake Huron has stunning floors and what looks like original board and batten, this reproduction saltbox in Connecticut mixes the old and new, I love the touches of blue in this Lake Joseph summer cottage, and this charming Nantucket cottage has amazing before and after photos.
8.) RECENT HANDY PURCHASES: click over to my Amazon shopping page to see some fun finds and handy homekeeping items.
9.) Next Wednesday is the 100th edition of Weekly Wish List. It’s quite a milestone, so we’re going to celebrate! Make sure to come back next week because we are sharing our most popular ideas, along with a giveaway just for you, our readers.
10.) Have a beautiful week! XO
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER!
Just fill out this form to get new posts,
free printables, and special offers!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Summer is right around the corner! Are you a summer person? I love getting ready for a new season! So I’ve compiled 9 Things To Do For Summer Now that will help us get ready for the coming warm season. And here are two other summer posts to help you enjoy summer, Planting Herbs In Raised Beds, and The Ultimate Guide To Easy Container Gardening.
2. Lately I’ve developed a new love! Art in my home. For decades I did not have a lot of art in our homes. I get a little bored looking at the same art day in and day out. But we recently purchased this piece of art for over our mantel and it brought such life to our living room and excitement for more art in our home. We just got this painting of clouds and this one too. And we just purchased a large piece of art for the hallway, but I’m saving that for my summer tour on May 22nd.
3. Amazon Finds This Week: See all the great items I’m finding for you and your home HERE.
4. I’ve been trying, bit by bit to change my kitchen by getting rid of some of the processed foods we eat to a more natural foods kitchen. I’m making my own no-knead bread (so easy), and organic chicken bone broth. This is a wonderful YouTube channel for amazing good-for-you recipes. It’s almost strawberry time here so I’ll be using the tops of our strawberries to make strawberry vinegar with the mother.
5. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $75.00-ish: this pretty painting, this summery indoor/outdoor pillow (just got 2), this summery placemat, this perfect pillow for summer, my favorite fluted planter (on sale), I have such a crush on these beautiful canisters, this beautiful ribbed domed glass covered candleholder, and this beautiful candle with rattan wrapped jar.
Under $199.00-ish: this handsome C table, this pretty and versatile checked tablecloth, and this set of 3 stately ORB candlesticks.
Other Decor Crushes: this gorgeous porch swing, this pretty black, this spindle chair, and wood and glass cabinet.
6. Beautiful Homes And More: This beautiful room remodel by Studio McGee and this stunning neutral and serene home, and this purposeful unmatched country home.
7. Interesting and Fun Facts: What popular summer game used to be played with a tin plate? In what month of the year are you the smartest?
8. Top 10 Decor Finds For Your Kitchen: this fabulous contemporary food dome, this acrylic riser (just got this), pretty spice jars, a set of pretty decanting jars, my favorite glass pot to cook in, and this unique glass teapot, my daughter-in-law’s favorite Air Fryer, set of 4 marble coasters, my favorite cookbook stand, and this salad dressing maker.
9. Girly Capsule Wardrobe: these are the sweetest girly sandals, these white cropped pants, this straw and pearl handbag, these swirly gold earrings, and this breezy maxi dress.
10. Did you know your salad spinner is also a salad washing machine? Fill the large bowl with enough water to cover the bottom of your salad. Add your salad to the removable colander basket, and spin it. This will wash your salad greens. Then dump out the water and spin the excess water off the greens. Simple! Here’s my favorite salad spinner.
Answer to #7: Frisbee used to be played with a tin plate. You are the smartest in July. Researchers have shown that our brains work better in summer because sunlight exposure causes better retention and attention.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. There are so many ways to decorate using French accent chairs, including mixing them with modern decor. I’m sharing my Complete Guide to French Country Accent Chairs, which explores the various types of chairs, what details define them, how to style them in your home and where to buy them. Be sure to check it out!
2. This week I brought back the popular series, “Weekly Picks”, a small curated group of items that are tailored for a particular design aesthetic. This week’s picks feature Pink and Green for Spring, a crisp and updated nod to pretty grandmillenial decor.
3. SUMMER FASHION PICKS: There are 3 recent items I must re-share because they’ve been so popular! These super comfy sandals have been in everyone’s cart. I have the black and I’m looking to add the ivory, too. These flattering white cropped jeans have been a close second, and this really pretty plaid tiered midi dress completely sold out at Nordstrom, but I found it elsewhere. Other pretty summer items include this short sleeve gingham check midi (amazing price!), this lovely A-line midi with smocked top (excellent quality, lots of colors and patterns), these gauze beach cover-up pants, and these Hermes-dupe sandals.
4. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this quietly elegant Modern French Country House Tour, how to modernize your patio with Relaxed Chic Patio Decor, and how to Add Summer Color to an All White Summer Table Setting.
5. FURNITURE DEALS: Looking for well-priced patio furniture? I’m loving this 5-piece conversation set with cushions, this lovely 4-person chat set, this charming wood bistro set, these wonderful outdoor side tables, and my current and favorite outdoor rug.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: this cheerful faux lemon tree, this cozy pom pom knit throw, this summery shell print wall art, and last week’s top seller: this lovely indoor/outdoor throw pillow.
7. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This pretty washable rug, this terrific adirondack chair, this classic distressed table lamp, and this handsome chinoiserie ginger jar.
8. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This traditional chateau urn planter, this arched vintage-look mirror, this rattan crossed leg bench table, this elegant set of 3 landscape wall art watercolors.
9. Are you looking for ideas for summer travel? Be sure to check out this post on One of the Most Beautiful Places to Visit.
10. UP NEXT: 50 Top Summer Decor Ideas + a Free Printable