Up today is a really hearty zucchini bundt cake that could actually do double duty. It’s tasty enough to serve for dessert but it’s also perfect to serve as a coffee cake. Either way, this recipe is a winner. No odd ingredients and it’s super easy to throw together. You can use fresh grated zucchini or zucchini that’s been frozen.
My bundt pan was recently retired due to old age. It had definitely seen better days. I treated myself to a new and improved version I picked up at Williams-Sonoma. It’s the Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan. My cake baked evenly and didn’t get too brown on the outside. I have been avoiding bundt cakes (which are so easy) because I didn’t have a good pan. No more.
Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 2 c. grated zucchini
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugars, oil and eggs.
- Beat well until completely mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to sugar mixture making sure to scrape the bowl well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 50 min. or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
If you wanted to serve this for dessert it would be great with a drizzled lemon glaze. Just add lemon juice and a little milk to some powdered sugar to make a thin glaze. To tie the glaze in to the cake you could also add a little fresh grated lemon peel to the cake mix. You could add raisins too if you are a raisin lover.
Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me. I know school has started in most places, fall is in the air and everyone is getting busy. The fact that you take the time to read my blog still sort of blows me away. Have a beautiful day!
If you have an extra minute I’d love for you to check out my favorite Fall category pages!