In this post: Arranging Hydrangeas The Easy Way. Simple tips for making your own stunning flower arrangements.
Since hydrangeas are blooming in most growing zones as we speak, I want to share two easy and beautiful ways to arrange them. These methods are perfect for the beginner flower arranger as well as those of you who have been doing it for years. If you don’t have hydrangeas of your own, pick up a bunch or two at your grocery store and try your hand at arranging hydrangeas the easy way!
*Some links in this post lead to shops or websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my complete disclosure.
Arranging Hydrangeas Method #1:
- Vessel (large bowl, urn or wide mouth vase)
- Hydrangea stems
- Narrow, clear florist tape
- Floral Shears
- Cutting board & sharp knife
- Prepare your hydrangea stems. See THIS POST for details.
- Fill your vessel with cool water. Make a grid on the top of your container with the florist tape, spacing the rows an inch apart.
- Add another set of tape rows going in the opposite direction. The second set of rows will crisscross the first set.
- Place two hydrangea stems in the middle of the grid.
- Working around the outside edges of the vessel, add more hydrangeas to the grid.
- Continue to fill in any holes. Make sure and stand back to see that your arrangement is balanced.
The tape rows will hold the hydrangea stems in place so the top-heavy blooms won’t fall out of your vessel. The florist tape sticks quite well and can be left on your container to use again.
Arranging Hydrangeas Method #2:
Nothing is simpler than preparing your hydrangea stems and placing them in a mason jar filled with fresh water. This method is easy, fast and absolutely stunning.
I have to admit that method #2 is my favorite simply because of my obsession with vintage blue mason jars. However, I’ve kept the tape grid on my silver urns and plan to use them this fall with sunflowers…so stay tuned for that.
See my series: All About Limelight Hydrangeas. Includes growing, drying, wreath-making and more!
If you missed yesterday’s post, I am giving away the most beautiful book on flower arranging. It was written by my friend Kelly from My Soulful Home. Click HERE to enter! THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY OF KELLY’S BOOK, CLICK HERE!
I’m happy to tell you that the cherry tomatoes in my container garden are ripening like mad and I was able to make Caprese Salad a few days ago…so I’ll be back in a few days with that recipe. I don’t use balsamic vinegar so my take on the traditional recipe is a bit different. Thanks for stopping by…see you soon!