Fresh and easy Honeycrisp apple salad recipe that can be made in a just a few minutes. The perfect side dish for any lunch or dinner!
First published: October 2013. Currently under revision.
I’m sharing this Honeycrisp apple salad recipe today in honor of my mom. As a girl growing up, I remember her making a version of this, and it was always such a treat. My mom was diagnosed with dementia in 2009, and passed away in 2016. When my mom first began showing signs of her illness, my dad started spending time in the kitchen with her, and learned how to make their favorite dishes. Over the years since then, he has simplified some of the recipes to make things easier, as is the case with this apple salad. This is actually my dad’s version, and it has the freshest taste…anytime of the year, but especially in the fall when apples are at their peak.
Apple Salad Recipe
- 2 large apples (washed and diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- Place the chopped apples, celery and walnuts in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir the light mayonnaise and sugar until smooth.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over apples/celery/walnuts and toss until well combined.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.