Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad with Homemade Croutons
Easy and refreshing Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad recipe that goes together in no time. Serve it as a main course or side salad!
When we’re trying to think of simple dinner ideas, it’s easy to forget about main dish salads. A main dish salad can be light, yet filling at the same time. That’s why I like this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad recipe so much. The pasta makes it hearty and filling, and the other ingredients are fresh and light. Combine it all together, and you have a delicious and simple dinner for your family.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Tips
- Any kind of chicken can be used. I baked some chicken breast tenders for this post, but I’ve also used rotisserie chicken. This is a great meal idea if you have leftover chicken you want to use up.
- Since I spent some extra time to make homemade croutons, I took a short cut on the dressing, and used this bottled Caesar dressing.
- Use whatever Parmesan cheese you have on hand. The all-time best taste comes from freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano. However, I had a tub of shredded Parmesan in our refrigerator, so that’s what I used.
- The homemade croutons are like the icing on a cake. They take the taste level up several notches, but of course, any type of store bought croutons can be used.
Click for the Homemade Croutons Recipe!
Make Ahead Tip
Prepare the pasta, chicken, and lettuce up to a day in advance. Place them in a large bowl, but DO NOT MIX THEM. Place them in sections, like on the cutting board pictured above. Cover and store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, add the Parmesan cheese and dressing. Toss well, and top with croutons.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 2 cups penne pasta (measure before cooking)
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken breast pieces
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Caesar dressing
- homemade croutons
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Wash and chop two heads of romaine lettuce, and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces. Add to bowl with lettuce.
- Add the slightly cooled pasta and dressing.
- Toss to combine well.
- Top with parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Chill in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with homemade croutons.
**If you make this recipe, I would love for you to leave a 5 star review in the comments below. If you share on Instagram or Facebook, make sure to tag @onsuttonplace so I can see what you’re making!
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Chicken Salad Fruit Plate
- 7 Ingredient Easy Summer Salad
- Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
- Romaine Cranberry Pear Salad