Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe
This garlic cheese bread recipe is so delicious and super easy. It’s a savory quick bread that’s perfect with soups, meats, and fish.
If you’ve had a love affair with the Cheddar Bay biscuits from Red Lobster, this cheesy garlic bread recipe is for you! This quick bread is the next best thing. It’s moist on the inside, and crunchy on the outside.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s a quick bread that uses simple pantry items.
- No yeast means no rising time.
- This garlic cheese bread is a great side dish to any meal, especially soups and pasta dishes.
- While this bread is baking, your kitchen smells wonderful!
- It’s a homemade, family-friendly, savory bread with a mild garlic flavor.
Monterey Jack, Provolone, Gruyere, Colby or Colby Jack cheese, Pepper Jack, Mozzarella cheese, or Parmesan cheese can be substituted for the Cheddar.
Any kind of milk can be used. I use 1% and this garlic cheese bread bakes beautifully every time.
- a teaspoon of minced garlic can be added for extra flavor.
- finely chopped green onion
- fresh chopped chives
- fresh chopped parsley
- dried parsley flakes
- cayenne pepper
- bacon bits
- onion powder.
How to Make
The best thing about this garlic cheese bread recipe is, in addition to the great taste, how easy it is to throw together. It’s the perfect recipe for any beginner cook!
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Grate an 8 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese. Set aside.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and garlic powder.
Step 4: Add the grated cheddar cheese. Toss gently to combine.
Step 6: Add the eggs, milk, and melted butter.
Step 7: Stir with a spatula just until the wet ingredients are incorporated into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
Step 8: Spoon the dough into an 8.5 x 5 inch prepared bread pan. Smooth the top so it’s spread out evenly. (I prepare my baking pans with Baker’s Joy.)
Step 9: Bake for 45 minutes.
Step 10: Remove from oven. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Step 11: Remove from pan, slice, and serve warm.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Stir it just until all the flour is mixed in with the wet ingredients.
- Freshly grated cheese melts best. I’m all for convenience though, so if you are short on time, the bagged variety will work. (Most food bloggers wouldn’t say that…but life happens.)
- It’s optional, but this bread looks really pretty with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley added before slicing. Make sure it’s still hot when you sprinkle!
- A serrated bread knife works best to slice through the crunchy top.
- This bread recipe will make a great appetizer. Slice the loaf, and then halve all the slices. Serve it with a side of marinara sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
SHOP + SOURCE
Click the links below to be taken directly to the product listing. Every effort has been made to provide sources for the items found in this post. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options. If an item is out of stock but may be restocked, I left it on the list.
*Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement.
- glass bread pan with lid (I love this. It’s also great for storing homemade ice cream.)
- large Pyrex mixing bowl
- box grater (over 22,000 5-star reviews)
- large bread knife (I got mine for Christmas!)
- small round wood board
- large round wood board
- wooden measuring spoons
More Quick Bread Recipes
Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grate an 8 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese. Toss gently to combine.
- Add the eggs, milk, and melted butter.
- Stir with a spatula just until the wet ingredients are incorporated into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into 8.5 x 5 inch prepared bread pan. Smooth the top so it's spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, slice, and serve warm.
If you make this recipe, and love it, please come back to leave a comment and a 5-star review. I would really appreciate it, and it would help me so much. Thank you!
Join the OSP Family
Subscribe to our newsletter to get
new posts and special offers!