A delicious, easy banana bread recipe that is fast and oh so moist! Make loaves or muffins in no time at all, and uses basic pantry ingredients.
I have been making this easy bread recipe forever…or at least it seems like it. It’s one of those quick-gratification recipes that is moist and delicious. Throw it together, pop it in the oven and in about 30 minutes you have hot, yummy, sweet banana bread.
This recipe calls for an entire tablespoon of baking powder…so when you see the measurement down below, you will know it’s not a mistake! I have never seen that much leavening in any quick bread recipe, but it’s perfect for this one. I’ve made this bread countless times, and it’s always the same. It’s the most dependable recipe ever.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 stick butter room temp. 1/2 cup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2 medium
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt cut to 1/4 teaspoon if you use salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer combine butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter/banana mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared bread pans.
- Bake mini loaves for 25 min.
- Small loaves for 30-35 min.
- Large loaf for 45 min. or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
I am able to get seven mini loaves from this recipe. I make hefty ones, but if you backed off just a bit, you could most likely get eight. This recipe makes four small loaves, as pictured in this post, and one large loaf. If you use a large cookie scoop, this banana bread recipe makes twelve perfect muffins. (All pan measurements are included in the recipe below.)
About the lemon juice…if you don’t have a lemon, it’s not a big deal. The lemon juice just brightens the taste. Sometimes I zest the lemon and add the zest to the batter. Doing that produces sort of a Lemon Banana Bread, and it’s delightful.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe Tip:
If you have over-ripe bananas but don’t have time to bake a batch of banana bread, put the bananas in a Ziploc bag and stick them in the freezer. When you are ready to use them, just let them sit out for about an hour. I leave the peel on, but if you want to remove the peel before you freeze, that’s fine too.
Just click the images below to shop for the amazing Goldtouch bakeware I use and highly recommend.