Make this banana oatmeal smoothie recipe for weight loss with almond milk for a quick, nutritious meal or snack. Includes video!
The Best Banana Oatmeal Smoothie!
Even though I share a lot of dessert recipes, and most are brimming with calories, I do try to eat healthy and watch my weight. Sometimes I watch it go up and sometimes I watch it go down! Anyway, to keep things in check, I try to drink a healthy smoothie every day either for breakfast or lunch. This banana oatmeal smoothie is my absolute favorite and is so easy to make.
I had been making this banana oatmeal smoothie recipe for a few weeks, and loving it, when I decided to try it with frozen bananas. Oh my gosh. The frozen bananas took it from really good to absolutely amazing. They make the smoothie thicker and there is no need to use the ice cubes.
How to Freeze Bananas:
- Remove the peel from 4 or 5 bananas.
- Cut your bananas into thirds.
- Lay them out, not touching, in a 9 x 13 pan or on a cookie sheet.
- Place them in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Once frozen as separate pieces, bananas can be stored in a ziploc bag in the freezer.
Almond Milk Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large banana (frozen is better)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 5-6 ice cubes (may leave out if using frozen bananas)
Optional (except for cinnamon, all will add calories)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 scoop unflavored protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Mix on low speed until the banana and ice are broken up.
- Mix on high speed for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Protein: 5 grams
Carbs: 47 grams
Fat: 2.5 grams
Weight Watcher points: 4
The almond milk I use for this banana oatmeal smoothie recipe is Silk Unsweetened with 30 calories per cup. Even though I’m not a fan of almond milk to drink or on my cereal, I love it in this banana oatmeal smoothie. This is the perfect smoothie for weight loss, but if you aren’t using it that way, just use whatever kind of milk you like best. You can use any kind of oatmeal…instant or regular rolled oats. It’s important to blend the smoothie for at least a minute in order to nicely grind up the oatmeal.
In the printable recipe, I listed optional ingredients. All the ingredients are featured in the video, but only add what you like. I love adding honey and cinnamon, but unfortunately the honey adds quite a few calories, and four Weight Watcher points. (Unbelievable!) Again, if you aren’t using this breakfast smoothie for weight loss, I definitely recommend adding the extra ingredients.
Even though I’m not a smoothie expert, I know what I like…and I can honestly say that this is one of the best smoothie recipes I have ever made. It’s fun to add different ingredients and switch up the fruits. One thing I never change is the oatmeal ingredient.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe Sources:
More smoothie recipes:
Try my Cleansing Cranberry Lemon Juice Drink too!
If you decide to give this
banana oatmeal smoothie recipe a try,
let me know in the comments what you think!