In this post: How to make a strawberry banana smoothie. An easy and healthy strawberry banana smoothie recipe…all you need for the perfect, healthy breakfast!
Christmas is behind us and the winter months lie ahead. Here in the midwest, we can go for literally weeks without seeing the sun. The gray skies are, in my opinion, more oppressive than wind or snow. During this time, I try to eat healthier and take some extra vitamin D. There are days when I think it helps…and days when I’m sure it isn’t doing a darn thing.
But…I think anything we do to lead a healthy life is a good thing, so with that in mind, I’m sharing another delicious smoothie recipe. This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is so easy and quite delicious. It’s similar to the banana oatmeal smoothie recipe I shared last year, but by changing a few ingredients, the taste is completely different. The banana oatmeal smoothie has a nutty flavor, while the strawberry banana smoothie has a fresh, citrus taste.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 orange peeled (no pith)
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup oats quick or old fashioned
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on medium high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour into a large glass and drink immediately.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe Tips
- The ingredients can be changed to suit your own taste. I actually prefer this smoothie without the vanilla, but I included it just in case you wanted to try it.
- There is no need to add ice if the strawberries and banana are frozen. If they aren’t, add a handful of ice cubes.
- The longer this is blended, the thicker it gets…so if you like a thick smoothie, add another minute to the blend time.
More smoothie recipes:
Click the image below
for my collection of
herbal tea recipes!