This is the best homemade blueberry muffins recipe! Uses basic pantry ingredients and can be made into a coffee cake or quick bread.
Here in the midwest, it’s blueberry season. The berries are chunky, beautifully blue, and sweet. The berries used for this recipe were from Michigan and they were some of the best blueberries I’ve ever had…and there was not one bad berry in the bunch.
The Best Homemade Blueberry Muffins
I know that blueberry muffin recipes are a dime a dozen…and this one is probably very similar to what you already make. This particular recipe makes slightly less batter than most, and doesn’t call for yogurt or buttermilk, which you might not always have. My favorite thing about this blueberry muffins recipe is that it’s not overly sweet. These muffins are perfect for any time of day, not just breakfast.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins Recipe Tips:
- This homemade blueberry muffins recipe can be baked in an 8 x 8 pan or doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 pan.
- The amount of blueberries can be adjusted according to your taste. I don’t like it chuck full of berries so I used about 1 1/2 cups. If you are a blueberry lover, than pack them in!
- Don’t skip the step where the flour mixture is added to the blueberries. This helps keep the berries evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- You might think 400 degrees is too hot for muffins. It’s not. The higher temperature makes the muffins rise in the middle and gives them a beautiful, domed top. Just make sure to watch them closely at the end so they don’t get too brown.
- Any type of berry can be substituted for the blueberries.
- Frozen blueberries can be used. Make sure to drain as much excess moisture as possible.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins Sources:
More Muffin Recipes!
Join the OSP email subscriber
list and get this
Strawberry Desserts eCookbook!
Click the image
to learn more.