Homegrown strawberries add so much flavor to these strawberry muffins! This strawberry muffin recipe is perfect for brunch or a snack, it’s easy, and the muffins are beautiful!
How to Make Strawberry Muffins with Cream Cheese
- The original recipe I found gave instructions for layering the muffin batter, cream cheese, strawberries and topping. I thought that was a lot of trouble so I simplified the process by folding the strawberries into the batter.
- I also used a small scoop to drop in the cream cheese layer and it worked great. I just swirled the cream cheese and batter mixtures together with a knife.
- Make sure to dice the strawberries very small.
- Are frozen strawberries OK? It’s fine to use frozen strawberries to make these strawberry muffins. Defrost the berries, dice them into small pieces, and place them in a bowl. When you are measuring out the flour, take 2 teaspoons and add it to the bowl of berries. Toss them gently. Add the flour-covered strawberries to the batter as specified in the recipe card. (This way you are not adding any additional flour to the batter.)
Tips for Using Muffin Tulip Wrappers
I love these tulip wrappers, and I think they make these strawberry cream cheese muffins look extra special. They are also very easy to open after the muffins have been baked. When they are first set into the muffin pan, they don’t sink all the way to the bottom like a normal wrapper. Once the batter is scooped in, they drop right down. Using a scoop for both the muffin batter and cream cheese makes filling the tulip wrappers super simple and quick.
One of the tricks for getting muffins or cupcakes to rise in the middle is to bake them at high heat for several minutes followed by more baking time at a lower heat. It’s important NOT to open the oven door during the bake time. Opening the door will affect how quickly the high temp adjusts down to the lower temp.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 to 2 cups strawberries cleaned and diced
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- For the topping: combine first four ingredients with a fork. Set aside.
- For the muffin batter: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine the egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture in the well. Stir just until mixed. Fold in strawberries.
- For the cream cheese mixture: In the bowl of a standing mixer combine cream cheese and sugar until fluffy (2 minutes.)
- Add the milk and vanilla until mixed well.
- Using a large scoop, divide muffin batter into the twelve vessels filled with cupcake liners.
- Using a small scoop, add the cream cheese mixture to the batter. Swirl with a knife to combine.
- Top each muffin with streusel mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 6 minutes. Lower oven temp. to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
What you need to make this strawberry muffin recipe:
More delicious strawberry dessert recipes!
- Strawberry Scones
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Skillet Cake
- Strawberry Streusel
- Strawberry Lemon Shortbread Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Strawberry Walnut Bread
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Strawberry No Churn Ice Cream