Today I have a recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Bread that is really and truly one you can make any time. Every ingredient is probably in your pantry right now. No weird stuff or something you need to add to your grocery list. Besides…cinnamon and sugar just go together. Like peanut butter & jelly, Bert & Ernie, mac & cheese. Some things are just meant to be a pair.
Cinnamon Sugar Bread
For the batter
- 2 c. flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. white sugar
For the middle layer
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 t. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare one large bread pan or use smaller pans as desired.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Add egg, milk, sugar and oil until well combined.
- In a small bowl mix 1/3 c. sugar and 2 t. cinnamon.
- Pour half the batter into pan(s.)
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture over batter.
- Cover with remaining batter and top with more cinnamon/sugar.
- Bake for 45 min. or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- (I made mini loaves and baked them for 25 minutes.)
mini = 2 1/2 in. x 4 in.
small = 3 in. x 5 1/2 in.
large = 9 in. x 5 in.
Although not technically comfort food, this recipe has that sort of “homey” quality to it. Make it for breakfast, when the kids come home from school or for a family dinner. I promise it will be a hit! For more quick bread recipes just click the image below.