In this post: Cake Mix Quick Bread Recipe with Streusel Topping. A sweet and moist cake mix recipe that’s perfect for family gatherings during the holiday season. Makes a great gift too!
No matter what stage of life you happen to be in, it’s pretty much a given that celebrating Christmas will somehow involve food. With that in mind, today I’m joining my Seasonal Simplicity crew to bring you a lovely collection of holiday recipes. We have everything from gluten free shortbread to Instant Pot ham to the sweetest gingerbread house ever! Krista, from The Happy Housie, gathered us all together and you can find all the links at the end of the post
I’m a sucker for anything with a streusel topping, and if it involves a cake mix, that’s even better. This cake mix quick bread recipe is super simple, sweet, and so moist. It would be the perfect addition to a holiday dessert tray and would make a lovely hostess gift.
Cake Mix Quick Bread Recipe
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 level teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter cubed
For the bread:
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 Egg
- 8 oz. sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the streusel ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a fork, your fingers, or an electric mixer, combine the streusel ingredients. It should look like course sand.
- Set the streusel aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Combine quick bread ingredients with an electric mixer, scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fill four mini loaf pans with the batter and spread to the sides of the pans. Batter will be stiff. (It's helpful to use a large cookie scoop to put the batter into the pans.)
- Top each loaf with streusel.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Bread is done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool, slice, and serve.
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Cake Mix Quick Bread Recipe Tips
- The batter is stiff. It’s helpful to use a large cookie scoop to fill the loaf pans.
- I used my electric mixer with the whip attachment to mix up the streusel. It worked beautifully. It took a good minute to completely combine the ingredients…so be patient!
- This cake mix recipe can be made into muffins or a coffee cake (baked in an 8 inch square pan.) Baking times will need to be adjusted so watch carefully at the end.
- When baking with mini loaf pans, put them on a cookie sheet before placing them in the oven.
- My mini loaf pans measure 3.5 in. x 5 in. x 2.25 in. I got four loaves and divided the batter as evenly as I could.
Now take a look at my friends who are also sharing their amazing holiday recipes with you!
How to Make Mulled Wine (Glühwein Recipe) at The Happy Housie
DIY Colonial Gingerbread House at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Christmas Wreath Veggie Pizza at Clean & Scentsible
Homemade Egg Nog at Town and Country Living
Easy Holiday Appetizer at Rooms FOR Rent
Secret Ingredient Gingerbread Cookies at Jenna Kate at Home
Snowball Cookies at Finding Silver Pennies
Easy Gluten Free Shortbread with White Chocolate and Toffee at Home Made Lovely
Brown Butter Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Ganache
The Best One Hour Orange Rolls at Summer Adams Designs
Cake Mix Quick Bread Recipe at On Sutton Place
Best Waffle Recipe Ever at The DIY Mommy
The Most Chocolatey Hot Chocolate Cookies at A Pretty Life
Eggnog Bread Recipe at Tauni Everett
Instant Pot Ham at TIDBITS Marci
Toblerone Shortbread with Browned Flour at Life is a Party
Spicy Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies at Modern Glam
Christmas Tree Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Toppers at The Turquoise Home
Easy Creme Brule for the Holidays at Hallstrom Home