In this post: Snickerdoodle Bread Recipe…the perfect homemade baked good for holiday gift giving. Packaging ideas included along with the recipe.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Last year when I shared some Easy Hostess Gift Ideas during the holidays, I included a link to this Snickerdoodle Bread recipe. I never published the recipe as an actual post because I ran out of time…so here it is! I made this bread several times last year and everyone I gave it to thought it was delicious. I made little loaves in my mini loaf pans from Williams-Sonoma. They were easy to package and a fun gift to give.
Snickerdoodle Bread Recipe Tips:
- Cinnamon chips are hard to find. Sometimes it’s downright impossible. They usually appear around the beginning of October. My grocery store had them one week and the next week they were gone. Don’t let that stop you from making this bread. I’ve made it without the cinnamon chips and it’s just as good!
- When filling the loaf pans, it’s helpful to use a 2 inch scoop. Three heaping scoops in each of the five pans works beautifully. Size of loaf pans I used: 5 1/2 x 3 x 2 1/4 inches.
- To freeze: wrap each cooled loaf in plastic wrap. Place loaves in a resealable freezer bag. Will last in the freezer for up to two months.
For those of you who think ahead…this is a great recipe to make now and throw in the freezer. Even though it is still October, Christmas has arrived in most bigger retail stores. Start watching sales and perhaps you’ll get some good deals on the gift wrap items. My mantra for the upcoming holiday season is “Keep it Simple.” Nothing is simpler (or better) than a home-baked gift made in your very own kitchen.
You might also like:
- Christmas Gift Giving | Packaging Ideas
- Eggnog Bread with Sugar Rum Glaze
- Cranberry Citrus Bread
- Chocolate Covered Candy Canes
- Hostess Gift Ideas
- Goldtouch Mini Loaf Pans
- Goldtouch Cookie Sheets
- My Kitchenaid Mixer
Thank you for stopping by…see you soon!