Make this easy cinnamon roll cake recipe for breakfast or brunch. It uses basic pantry ingredients and is ready to eat in under an hour!
Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 stick
- 1 cup butter softened, 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with cooking spray or Baker's Joy. Set aside.
- In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9x13 baking pan.
- For topping, In a large bowl mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- FOR GLAZE: In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Cinnamon Roll Cake Tips
- This recipe makes a 9 x 13 pan and is big enough to feed a crowd. You can easily get twelves pieces.
- For my family, I cut the recipe in half and bake it in an 8 x 8 pan (which is pictured above.)
- I prepare my baking pans with Baker’s Joy.
- Because this cinnamon roll cake uses basic pantry ingredients, it’s the perfect last-minute addition to any breakfast or brunch menu.