Make this easy cinnamon roll cake recipe for breakfast or brunch. It uses basic pantry ingredients and is ready to eat in under an hour!
My favorite kind of dishes to make are ones that use normal ingredients and that I know my family will love. This recipe for Cinnamon Roll Cake meets both of those requirements! I made this last weekend when my kids were home. I measured out everything the night before. On Sunday morning, all I had to do was put it together and bake it. It could also be baked the night before and warmed in the microwave before serving.
This recipe is in three sections. The first section is the actual cake batter. After that, there is a butter and brown sugar mixture that gets swirled through the cake batter. At this point, the cake is baked. The last (and best) part of the cake is the glaze. That’s added after the cake is baked. Don’t be put off by these steps because they are not hard at all!
Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
Make this easy cinnamon roll cake recipe for breakfast or brunch. It uses basic pantry ingredients and is ready to eat in under an hour!Rate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 stick
- 1 cup butter softened, 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with cooking spray or Baker's Joy. Set aside.
- In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9x13 baking pan.
- For topping, In a large bowl mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- FOR GLAZE: In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Like this recipe?Follow me at @onsuttonplace
My favorite cinnamon rolls ever in this world can be found at Ann Sather in Chicago. I’ve only been there once, but I remember the exact taste of their cinnamon roll frosting. The sugar glaze that goes on top of this cake, when it’s hot from the oven, tastes identical to the frosting at Ann Sather. It’s amazing!
Cinnamon Roll Cake Tips
- This recipe makes a 9 x 13 pan and is big enough to feed a crowd. You can easily get twelves pieces.
- For my family, I cut the recipe in half and bake it in an 8 x 8 pan (which is pictured above.)
- I prepare my baking pans with Baker’s Joy.
- Because this cinnamon roll cake uses basic pantry ingredients, it’s the perfect last-minute addition to any breakfast or brunch menu.
Click for more coffee cake recipes.
Click the image below
to get my fee eBook!