The ultimate list of 100 Christmas Ideas features crafts, recipes, decor, wreaths, and more. Savor the season and get inspiration for a new holiday project!
For many years, when the Christmas season rolled around, I sent out a post called “Christmas Through the Years.” It featured each year’s seasonal decor, and then went a step further by providing links to all my Christmas categories. Even though it was organized, I knew there were projects and ideas that were missed, simply because the links were all over the place.
I finally compiled every Christmas idea I’ve ever shared into one ultimate guide. What follows are all the crafts, decor, recipes, wreaths, and other random ideas I’ve shared to celebrate the season. I’ve organized everything by category, so finding what you need will be very easy.
Every year, in addition to celebrating the season, we need to savor the season. I encourage all of you to enjoy every minute, and I hope this post helps you do just that.
Planning + Prep
- Get a head start with these Tips for Planning Your Holiday Decor!
- How to deal with holiday stress and the 2022 edition of the Home for the Holidays Christmas Planner.
- Valuable lessons I learned from a tabletop Christmas tree.
- Gift Wrap Ideas: gift wrap ideas that include free printable Christmas gift tags along with holiday gift wrap inspiration.
- Get the giant collection of more than 50 free Christmas Printables. This collection includes printable wall art, custom gift tags, a countdown to Christmas paper chain (pictured above) and so much more!
- A unique Christmas packaging idea.
- Advent calendar: printable advent calendar that’s perfect for kids.
- If you need inspiration for classic gift wrap, click HERE.
- Last minute homemade gift ideas from the kitchen.
- Cheerful + printable gift tag for baked goods.
- We need to be comfortable during the holiday season…so check out my guide to Loungewear for Women.
Sweet + Savory Treats
- Snickerdoodle Bread: the perfect homemade baked good for gift giving!
- Cranberry Citrus Bread: amazingly moist quick bread that freezes well.
- Chocolate Covered Candy Canes: they make the best hot chocolate stirrers!
- Cranberry Icebox Cake: A cranberry icebox cake recipe that is the perfect, make-ahead dessert for the holiday season.
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies: includes two versions, one from scratch, and a semi-homemade recipe.
- Cranberry skillet crumble: an easy and festive dessert idea.
- Sugared cranberries: delicious as a garnish, appetizer, or snack.
- Make these salted roasted pecans for your family or as a gift!
- The fig + walnut baked brie is amazing, and perfect for Christmas Eve.
- Have you ever made a charcuterie board? They are so fun, and perfect for a Christmas party.
- Cake mix quick bread: delicious and sweet bread that begins with a cake mix.
- Make cinnamon sugar muffins or quick bread…your family will love you!
- These are the best blueberry muffins…and perfect for Christmas morning.
- One of my favorite kitchen accessories during the holidays is this large oval Crock Pot!
- Traditional Pecan Tassies: sweet and delicious tiny pecan pies.
- Cinnamon Dolce icebox cake: inspired by Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Lattes, this no bake icebox cake is creamy and delicious.
- This eggnog bread literally melts in your mouth…and the sugar rum glaze is so yummy.
- Old English cream cheese holiday dip: a classic recipe that everyone will love!
- Perfect for Christmas Eve: Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
- This sour cream coffee cake is beautiful, and it’s a wonderful addition to your Christmas brunch menu.
- Hot chocolate: warm and cozy drink for Christmas that cooks in the slow cooker.
- Homemade Wassail: fill your home with the scent of Christmas!
- Christmas punch: a delicious blend of tart and sweet.
- Serve this non-alcoholic holiday pomegranate + lime spritzer to the whole family!
Christmas Ornaments + Crafts
- Heart Christmas Tree Ornaments: freshly updated for 2022! Use these on your tree or as Christmas gift tie-ons.
- Air dry clay ornaments: includes printable step by step directions.
- Mitten Banner: super easy and festive no sew banner idea.
- Grain Sack Banner: use the included template to create this vintage grain sack banner.
- Buffalo Plaid Rag Ball Ornament: use cozy and colorful flannel to make these cute ornaments.
- Get more inspiration in the “Ornaments” section of The Christmas Market.
- Shirt Pillow Covers: use old shirts to make festive Christmas decor! (A very old post, but cute and easy.)
- See these sweet printable napkin rings that are perfect for your Christmas table.
- Buffalo Plaid Table Runner: a simple, no-sew table runner that anyone can make!
- Grain Sack Christmas Trees: easy tutorial to make fabric covered cone Christmas trees.
- Noel banner: see it HERE. Get it HERE.
- Pom Pom Christmas Tree Pillow: one of my favorite projects ever.
- Grain sack ribbon bow: easy and beautiful bow tutorial using vintage fabric.
- Grain sack ribbon: make your own ribbon from antique grain sack fabric. No sewing!
- Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments: a handmade tree ornament recipe that uses just 4 ingredients. The most popular Christmas post on the blog!
- Wool felt star garland: a homemade garland to sew by hand.
- DIY dried oranges: simple dried oranges for potpourri or simmering scent.
- Simmering scent: this homemade collection makes a lovely handmade gift.
- Christmas recipe card: print and use for all your favorite Christmas recipes.
- Christmas tree cut-outs pillow: includes the templates for this no sew project.
- Wool felt ball Christmas garland: a cute DIY project for all ages.
- DIY Mod Podge holly pots: a super cute and simple Christmas craft.
- DIY Snowman Wreath: an adorable door wreath made with items available in any craft store.
- Olive Bucket Christmas Planters: use little fresh evergreen trees for a budget-friendly winter planter idea.
- Take a look at the “Wreaths” section of the OSP Christmas Market!
- Red lantern planters: festive porch planter idea using lanterns and fresh greenery.
- Fresh greenery wreath: includes tips for cutting and placing the fresh greenery.
- Christmas porch: use these 5 steps to assemble a fabulous Christmas porch that is welcoming and festive.
- Wreaths on rockers: inspiration for porch chairs that’s budget-friendly & quick.
- Grapevine tree planters: a planter idea for the holidays that’s easy and beautiful.
- Mixed greens wreath: make this DIY mixed greens Christmas wreath (with fresh or faux greenery.)
- A Classic Christmas porch: ideas for lighting, the door, and a sitting area.
- DIY holiday to winter wreath: this wreath takes your door from Thanksgiving all the way through winter.
- 2021 Christmas Porch Ideas.
- See how to embellish a simple pine wreath.
- Christmas tour: berries, boughs, and festive pops of red.
- This tray is great for adding layers. Top it with fresh greenery, candles, berries, or tiny ornaments.
- Pine cone & rag ball centerpiece: perfect for the entire holiday season.
- Ironstone Christmas tree: a clever way to decorate shelves for Christmas. I loved this project!
- Christmas in the Guest Room: featuring the house on Sutton Place, get these easy Christmas decor ideas that your guests will love.
- Make sure to visit the “Pillows” section of The Christmas Market!
- Easy tips for calm + cozy Christmas decor.
- This cute little red truck, and this mini wagon, make great holiday accessories…and our grandson loves them!
- Red ball ornament filled vases: super simple way to add color and charm to your Christmas coffee table.
- Planning a dinner party? Stop by the “Tabletop” section of The Christmas Market.
- Tabletop Christmas trees: ideas for decorating with smaller trees.
- Christmas tablescape: simple and classic ideas for a Christmas table.
- Blue & red table: bring the unexpected to your Christmas table by adding touches of blue.
- Do you have Christmas china? This is mine, but I also love this classic tree pattern as well.
- Christmas garland ideas: Christmas garland ideas and sources to deck your halls for the holidays!
- Plaid ribbon garland on a slim Christmas tree.
- This set of white wood trees would be perfect anywhere! I ordered 2 sets for our mantel.
- The Christmas Market: curated especially for you, while keeping your tastes and budget in mind.
- For an unexpected Christmas decor look: decorate a blanket ladder with colorful tartan throw blankets. See how I used this idea at the house on Sutton Place.
- Pomegranate centerpiece: fresh greens & pomegranates are all you need!
- Holiday centerpiece idea: works for Thanksgiving all the way to Christmas!
- This set of 3 bells (pictured above) sells out every year. I finally snagged a set last year and I love them!
- Using pinecones in holiday porch decor.
- Decor ideas for Christmas shelves that includes tiny boxwood wreaths.
- Very simple foyer Christmas decor.
- Calm + Bright Holiday Christmas Decor.
- Fresh and new Christmas decor ideas from the Sugar Maple house.
- Are you tired of your stockings? Switch to this budget-friendly neutral sweater knit style.
I love sharing this post, and I hope you found some new ideas to share with your own family. I will keep adding to the list as I share new content each holiday season. Once again, I want to thank each one of you for your support and friendship. This year especially, I am so grateful that you take the time to come here. Until next time…