The ultimate list of 100 Christmas Ideas features crafts, recipes, decor, wreaths, and more. Savor the season and get inspiration for a new holiday project!
For many years, when the Christmas season rolled around, I sent out a post called “Christmas Through the Years.” It featured each year’s seasonal decor, and then went a step further by providing links to all my Christmas categories. Even though it was organized, I knew there were projects and ideas that were missed, simply because the links were all over the place.
When I finally organized all my categories, I decided to compile every Christmas idea I’ve ever shared into one ultimate guide. What follows (freshly updated for 2023) are all the crafts, decor, recipes, wreaths, and other random ideas I’ve shared to celebrate the season. I’ve organized everything by category, so finding what you need will be very easy.
Every year, in addition to celebrating the season, we need to savor the season. I encourage all of you to enjoy every minute, and I hope this post helps you do just that.
*Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Planning + Prep
- Get a head start with this freshly updated collection of Tips for Planning Your Holiday Decor!
- How to deal with holiday stress, and the 2023 edition of the Home for the Holidays Christmas Planner.
- Valuable lessons I learned from a tabletop Christmas tree.
- Get the giant collection of more than 50 free Christmas Printables. This collection includes printable wall art, custom gift tags, a countdown to Christmas paper chain (pictured above) and so much more!
- A unique Christmas packaging idea.
- If you need inspiration for classic gift wrap, click HERE.
- Last minute homemade gift ideas from the kitchen.
- Cheerful + printable gift tag for baked goods.
- Easy Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas
- We need to be comfortable during the holiday season…so check out my 2023 guide to Loungewear for Women.
Discover a delightful array of holiday recipes perfect for gatherings with family and friends. Explore this collection of delicious Christmas recipes, and create memorable holiday moments.
More Sweet + Savory Treats
- Sugared cranberries: delicious as a garnish, appetizer, or snack.
- Make these salted roasted pecans for your family or as a gift!
- The fig + walnut baked brie is amazing, and perfect for Christmas Eve.
- Have you ever made a charcuterie board? They are so fun, and perfect for a Christmas party.
- These are the best blueberry muffins…and perfect for Christmas morning.
- Old English cream cheese holiday dip: a classic recipe that everyone will love!
- This sour cream coffee cake is beautiful, and it’s a wonderful addition to your Christmas brunch menu.
- The Christmas Cranberry Mocktail will delight all of your guests, no matter what their age!
Christmas Ornaments + Crafts
- Heart Christmas Tree Ornaments: freshly updated for 2023! Use these on your tree or as Christmas gift tie-ons.
- Air dry clay ornaments: includes printable step by step directions.
- Mitten Garland: super easy and festive no sew banner idea.
- Grain Sack Garland: use the included template pattern to create this vintage grain sack banner.
- Buffalo Plaid Rag Ball Ornament: use cozy and colorful flannel to make these cute ornaments.
- Shirt Pillow Covers: use old shirts to make festive Christmas decor! (A very old post, but cute and easy.)
- See these sweet printable napkin rings that are perfect for your Christmas table.
- Grain Sack Christmas Trees: easy tutorial to make fabric covered cone Christmas trees.
- Pom Pom Christmas Tree Pillow: one of my favorite projects ever.
- Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments: a handmade tree ornament recipe that uses just 4 ingredients. The most popular Christmas post on the blog!
- Grain sack ribbon bow: easy and beautiful bow tutorial using vintage fabric.
- Grain sack ribbon: make your own ribbon from antique grain sack fabric. No sewing!
- Wool felt star garland: a homemade garland to sew by hand.
- DIY dried oranges: simple dried oranges for potpourri or simmering scent.
- Simmering scent: this homemade collection makes a lovely handmade gift.
- Christmas recipe card: print and use for all your favorite Christmas recipes.
- Christmas tree cut-outs pillow: includes the templates for this no sew project.
- Wool felt ball Christmas garland: a cute DIY project for all ages.
- DIY Mod Podge holly pots: a super cute and simple Christmas craft.
- DIY Snowman Wreath: an adorable door wreath made with items available in any craft store.
- Olive Bucket Christmas Planters: use little fresh evergreen trees for a budget-friendly winter planter idea.
- Take a look at the Wreaths + Garlands section of the OSP Christmas Market!
- Red lantern planters: festive porch planter idea using lanterns and fresh greenery.
- Fresh greenery wreath: includes tips for cutting and placing the fresh greenery.
- Christmas porch: use these 5 steps to assemble a fabulous Christmas porch that is welcoming and festive.
- Wreaths on rockers: inspiration for porch chairs that’s budget-friendly & quick.
- Grapevine tree planters: a planter idea for the holidays that’s easy and beautiful.
- Mixed greens wreath: make this DIY mixed greens Christmas wreath (with fresh or faux greenery.)
- A classic Christmas porch: festive and frugal decor.
- DIY holiday to winter wreath: this wreath takes your door from Thanksgiving all the way through winter.
- See how to embellish a simple pine wreath.
- 2022 Christmas Porch Ideas: includes simple ways to dress up your porch for the holidays.
- This tray is great for adding layers. Top it with fresh greenery, candles, berries, or tiny ornaments.
- Pine cone & rag ball centerpiece: perfect for the entire holiday season.
- Ironstone Christmas tree: a clever way to decorate shelves for Christmas. I loved this project!
- Cozy Christmas living room decorating ideas that anyone can use!
- Christmas in the Guest Room: featuring the house on Sutton Place, get these easy Christmas decor ideas that your guests will love.
- Make sure to visit the Pillows section of The Christmas Market!
- This cute little red truck, and this mini wagon, make great holiday accessories…and our grandson loves them!
- Planning a dinner party? Stop by the Tabletop section of The Christmas Market.
- Tabletop Christmas trees: ideas for decorating with smaller trees.
- Blue & red table: bring the unexpected to your Christmas table by adding touches of blue.
- Do you have Christmas china? This is mine, but I also love this classic tree pattern as well.
- Christmas garland ideas: Christmas garland ideas and sources to deck your halls for the holidays! This post is freshly updated and features our house on Sutton Place.
- Plaid ribbon garland on a slim Christmas tree.
- This set of white wood trees would be perfect anywhere! I have 2 sets that I used on our mantel last year.
- The Christmas Market: curated especially for you, while keeping your tastes and budget in mind.
- For an unexpected Christmas decor look: decorate a blanket ladder with colorful tartan throw blankets. See how I used this idea at the house on Sutton Place.
- Pomegranate centerpiece: fresh greens & pomegranates are all you need!
- Holiday centerpiece idea: works for Thanksgiving all the way to Christmas!
- This set of 3 bells (pictured above) sells out every year. I finally snagged a set last year and I love them!
- 3 simple ways to welcome Christmas to your kitchen.
- Using pinecones in holiday porch decor.
- Decor ideas for Christmas shelves that includes tiny boxwood wreaths.
- Calm + Bright Holiday Christmas Decor.
- Fresh and new Christmas decor ideas from the Sugar Maple house.
- Are you tired of your stockings? Switch to this budget-friendly neutral sweater knit style.
- Decorate your home with timeless style by taking a look at these Christmas decor ideas.
I love sharing this post, and I hope you found some new ideas to share with your own family. I will keep adding to the list as I share new content each holiday season. Once again, I want to thank each one of you for your support and friendship. This year especially, I am so grateful that you take the time to come here. Until next time…