Make these easy DIY napkin rings for your family gatherings! Use the free printables to dress up your table at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Today I’m here with a very fun project…and making these DIY napkin rings is so simple that anyone can do it. All you need are a few readily available supplies, and a printer. This family-friendly craft qualifies for the big 3: easy, fast, and cheap!
*Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement.
- Card stock (I used brown kraft card stock and white card stock but any color will work.)
- Template (see the form at the end of the post.)
- Hole punch
- 7/8 inch or 1 inch wide ribbon
- Fresh greenery for embellishment (rosemary, pine, berries.)
For the Rectangles
- Download the PDF, and then print your desired template. Just fill out the form at the end of the post, and I will email the PDF directly to your inbox.
- Cut out each rectangle, just inside the border line.
- Carefully punch holes on both short sides of the rectangles.
- Cut as many lengths of ribbon as you need napkin rings. Each piece of ribbon should be 1o inches long. You want to have an ample length of ribbon so you have plenty of room to snip the ends neatly.
- Lay a ribbon piece on a flat surface lengthwise. Place the folded or rolled napkin on the ribbon.
- Take a paper rectangle and carefully poke the ends of the ribbon up through the holes on each side. Pull the ribbon tight, but do it very gently so you don’t tear through the hole.
- Snip the ends of the ribbon so they are equal length. Tuck a piece of fresh greenery behind the rectangle.
- You can definitely put these DIY napkin rings and napkins together a few days in advance of your gathering. Pine, rosemary, and thyme dry nicely. I made the ones pictured in this post about a week ago, and the rosemary has dried a bit, but it still looks lovely.
For the Circles
- Download the PDF and print the page with the circle tags.
- Cut out the circles just inside the border line.
- Punch a hole in the top of each tag.
- Using twine, string, or very narrow ribbon, attach the tag to your rolled napkin.
More About the Template
Included in the 6-page PDF is the following:
- Page 1: Thanksgiving sentiments in a cursive font.
- Page 2: Thanksgiving sentiments in a classic, serif font.
- Page 3: Thanksgiving sentiments on a round tag.
- Page 4: A blank template that you can personalize with your own names or sentiments.
- Page 5: Christmas sentiments in a cursive font with festive graphics.
- Page 6: Christmas sentiments in a classic, serif font with festive graphics.
a fun no sew project!
DIY Cloth Napkins
Make these DIY cloth dinner napkins from budget-friendly linen, and give your table a classic and upscale vibe. The more these napkins are washed, the better they look!
How to Get the Napkin Ring Template
Fill out the form at the end of the post, and I’ll send the PDF with the templates straight to your email inbox. You will also receive new post updates, special offers, giveaway announcements, and more. *Current OSP subscribers should go ahead and fill out the form and I’ll send the printables right away. My email company makes sure that you don’t get duplicate subscriptions.