40 Thanksgiving Ideas & Recipes
More than 40 Thanksgiving ideas and recipes, including desserts, table setting inspiration, Friendsgiving ideas, centerpieces, & more!
Like all of you, over the years my family has developed holiday traditions, and our own special way of celebrating. Our family has grown, and we don’t all live in the same place any longer. Sometimes we’re together for Thanksgiving, and sometimes we’re not.
While some of us thrive on change, it’s very difficult for others. (I’m raising my hand!) No matter what your situation, making new traditions can help the “change” process along. You can add a new dessert recipe to the menu, mark your place settings with special tags, or if you are blessed to have kids around, make a festive banner. Read on for new tradition inspiration, and lots of Thanksgiving ideas!
- These Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies combine two of the best flavors ever!
- This dessert really is Better Than Pumpkin Pie!
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies: moist, puffy, and oh so good.
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip: paired with graham crackers, it’s the perfect snack or appetizer.
- This Classic Pumpkin Roll Recipe is as beautiful as it is good.
- This Moist + Easy Applesauce Bread is a yummy addition to your Thanksgiving menu.
- Apple Crumble Recipe: fresh apples with a crispy topping that is a crowd pleaser every time.
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cupcakes: I’m not sure which is better…the frosting or the cupcakes!
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Skillet Cake: simple to make, and feeds a crowd.
- Pumpkin Pie Turnovers: using puff pastry makes these turnovers so easy.
- This Moist & Delicious Pumpkin Bread freezes well, and makes a great gift.
- Skillet Apple Cobbler: the most amazing fall dessert idea.
Thanksgiving Day Snacks
If you serve Thanksgiving dinner later in the day, you might need some snacks to hold you over until the big meal! (To get the gift tag pictured above, plus many more, fill out the form at the end of the post!)
- Charcuterie Board
- Sweet Pumpkin Chex Mix
- Fig & Walnut Baked Brie
- Salted Oven Roasted Pecans
- Ham and Swiss Sliders
- Old English Cream Cheese Dip
Thanksgiving Decor Ideas
- Simple Autumn Table Setting with Burlap Bouquets: another fun favor idea.
- DIY Fall Decor Ideas: simple ways to make your space welcoming and cozy.
- Thanksgiving Tablescape Ideas: one of my all-time favorite tablescapes!
- Neutral Fall Wreath + Pumpkin Planters: a knock-off of a Pottery Barn wreath that will save you a bunch of money!
- Make this Burlap Table Runner with Tassels to add a farmhouse touch to your table.
- Mod Podge Lace Pumpkin Craft: super easy and fun craft for any age.
- Use these Autumn Kitchen Decorating Ideas to welcome your family and friends on Thanksgiving Day.
- Rustic Picture Frame Decor: a touch of rustic charm.
- This Watercolor Printable Wall Art is exclusive to OSP…you won’t find it anyplace else!
- Use hanger frames to display your free printables!
Thanksgiving Ideas: Centerpieces
- Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas
- Natural Fall Centerpiece
- Mini Pumpkin Flower Arrangements
- Lambs Ear Garland & Cotton Boll Centerpiece
- Sunflower Centerpiece Idea
- Foraged Fall Centerpiece Idea
- DIY Centerpiece Idea for the Holidays
CLICK FOR THE PRINTABLE THANKSGIVING PLANNER!
More Thanksgiving Ideas
- Add a custom touch to your table with these cute Printable Napkin Rings!
- DIY Cloth Napkins: made from linen, these get softer every time they are washed.
- With this DIY Simmering Potpourri on your stovetop, your home will smell like Thanksgiving!
- Burlap Bouquets: a sweet favor idea.
- Remember someone special with these Fall Gift Basket Ideas.
- Friendsgiving Ideas: throw tradition out the door, relax, and enjoy your friends!
- Don’t be afraid to think ahead. Get these tips for planning your holiday decor!
- We all need to be comfortable during our holiday prep…check out this guide to loungewear for women!
Give Thanks Banner
To get the banner pictured above, just fill out the form at the end of this post. It’s in the same collection that includes all the gift tags! **Please note: if you are already an OSP email subscriber, go ahead and fill out the form below. I will send the download straight to your inbox. My email company makes sure you won’t have duplicate subscriptions.
A Family Favorite
Now I want to share one my family’s favorite dishes. It’s a set-in-stone tradition for Thanksgiving Day, and sometimes it reappears at Christmas. It’s the classic Jiffy Corn Casserole Recipe. If you’ve had it, you know how good it is…and if you haven’t, you are in for a treat!
This corn casserole recipe can be thrown together in under 10 minutes, and it cooks evenly every time. The only tip I have is to plan your oven space, and make sure you have room for this to cook for about an hour, right before you plan to eat. Our family would never, ever take this off of our Thanksgiving menu!
Thanks for stopping by!
Easy DIY Thanksgiving Project
Give Thanks Banner
Just fill out the form below and this cute banner will arrive in your email inbox. Just download, print, cut out, and hang! Bonus: 4 pages of fall gift tags!