This sweet Chex mix recipe (oven baked) is the perfect snack for those chilly fall days. Pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar add the best flavor!
One of my favorite things in the world is a crunchy snack. I love to munch on potato chips, crackers, and just about anything else that falls into that category. The recipe I’m sharing today is quite simply, delicious. It’s also addicting, so watch out! This sweet Chex mix recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy…which in my book, is a match made in heaven.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Sweet Chex Mix Recipe Tips
- This sweet Chex mix is lightly coated and very crunchy. If you would like a thicker coating, the ingredients can be increased. Just use 1/2 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 3 teaspoons of vanilla, and 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- For a gluten free snack: substitute gluten free pretzels for regular pretzels, and use Brach’s Natural Sources Candy Corn. The traditional Brach’s candy corn is not gluten free.
- This recipe fit perfectly in four quart-size mason jars. (They also help with portion control!)
- This sweet Chex mix recipe can, of course, be adapted to any season. For Christmas, add red & green M & M’s. For the spring and summer months, add mini marshmallows, raisins, or Craisins.
Sweet Chex Mix Recipe: Oven Baked
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups lightly salted peanuts
- 1 to 2 cups candy corn
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all cereals, pretzels, and peanuts. Set aside.
- Put butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Melt in microwave, about 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice to the melted butter.
- Stir very well and pour over the cereal mixture.
- Gently toss the cereal/butter mixture until well mixed.
- Pour cereal mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven every 15 minutes and toss the mixture so it bakes evenly.
- Cool completely.
- Add candy corn and toss so everything is mixed together.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Stay tuned for some new fall gift tags that will take your jars of sweet Chex mix to the next level. A filled jar with an attached tag makes the nicest gift for co-workers, teachers, as a hostess gift, or just for yourself! After that, I’ll show you how to use a snack jar as part of a fall-themed gift basket, complete with The Ultimate List of Fall Gift Basket Ideas. Coming soon!
Get your pumpkin dessert
eCookbook today! Click the
image for more information.