This Meyer Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you need a fast meal idea. Have dinner on the table in no time!
When I shared this easy Meyer lemon centerpiece, I promised a chicken recipe so I could use up all those Meyer lemons. I love the fresh taste that lemons add to chicken, so I came up with an easy sheet pan recipe using chicken tenders, green beans, potatoes, and Meyer lemons. Sheet pan dinners are the best. One pan means easy clean up!
So…what’s the difference between a Meyer lemon and a regular lemon? First, there is the size. Meyer lemons are smaller, because they are a hybrid grown from the cross-pollination of regular lemons and mandarin oranges. Meyer lemons are a seasonal winter fruit, where regular lemons are always available, all year long. As far as the taste goes, Meyer lemons are sweeter, so they can actually be eaten as is. When peeled and separated, the pieces can be added to salads, smoothies, and desserts.
Meyer Lemon Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe Tips
- This is one of those recipes where you can substitute any vegetables for the green beans, and use any potatoes you have on hand. Baking time may need to be adjusted for veggies that take longer to cook.
- Any kind of chicken can be used. If you have full size breast pieces, just slice them into tenders. If you have bone-in pieces, those take longer to bake, so the cook time will need to be adjusted.
- If you have time, it works well to let the chicken tenders soak in part of the marinade for 10 to 15 minutes. Divide the marinade by pouring part of it in a separate bowl, and adding the chicken tenders. (Discard this when finished.) Reserve the other part to brush on the green beans and potatoes, and as extra topping for the chicken.
Meyer Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Recipe
- 4-5 Meyer lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic paste
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6-8 chicken tenders
- salt & pepper
- new or fingerling potatoes (washed and cut into bite size pieces)
- fresh green beans (washed and ends snapped off)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt & pepper.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, honey, and soy sauce.
- Remove baking pan from oven after 15 minutes.
- Add green beans and chicken tenders to the pan.
- Brush everything liberally with olive oil mixture.
- Add salt & pepper to taste to the chicken and green beans.
- Place sliced lemon pieces on chicken.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Affiliate links (Amazon & others) included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
More easy dinner recipes:
The next time you need an easy and delicious dinner idea, give this Meyer Lemon Chicken a try. Tweak it to suit your family’s taste, and enjoy!