An easy chicken parmesan recipe for two that is perfect for weeknight meals. Tender chicken breasts baked with fresh bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, then topped with pasta sauce and mozzarella.
Cooking for two…definitely, at times, a challenge. If you’re like me, you are still cooking as if there is a family at the table ready to chow down! I have tried to scale back, but it’s hard. Using recipes like this easy chicken parmesan makes it much easier. This is a delicious and filling dinner idea that is full of flavor, and even though there is a list of several steps, it’s very simple.
Choosing the chicken breasts
I like using fresh, organic chicken breasts, but sometimes they can be very thick. To make the pieces of chicken cook more evenly, just slice them in half, so they are about 1 inch thick. Another option is to pound the chicken breasts with a mallet until they are a good thickness that will bake evenly. One more idea is to use chicken tenders. These bake very quickly, so make sure to adjust your cooking time.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe Tips
- All the measurements in the recipe are adjustable. This is one of those dishes where you don’t really have to measure, and it still comes out perfect! Use as much, or as little, sauce and cheese as you like.
- Most parmesan chicken recipes call for dredging the pieces of meat in flour, egg, and bread crumbs. My method is much easier, and it tastes equally as good. The Hellman’s adds an extra touch of moisture, and has a lovely flavor.
- If the chicken begins to brown too quickly, cover it with a loose piece of foil.
- I love fresh bread crumbs. My favorite thing to do is use hamburger buns and grind them in a small food processor. They taste fresh and fluffy. However, I’m all for convenience and saving time, so using packaged bread crumbs is a great choice as well.
*Affiliate links (Amazon and others) included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe for Two
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup Hellman's Light Mayonnaise
- 1 cup bread crumbs (fresh or panko)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 6 oz. pasta
- 12 oz. pasta sauce (marinara)
- shredded mozzarella
- fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken breasts on cookie sheet.
- Brush chicken breasts with Hellman's. Turn and repeat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
- Toss gently with a fork.
- Using your hands, generously sprinkle bread crumb mixture on top of chicken breasts.
- Press the bread crumbs into the top and sides of the chicken breasts.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While chicken is in the oven, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce and toss the remaining cup with the cooked pasta. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Top with pasta sauce and shredded mozzarella.
- Return chicken to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and is slightly golden brown.
- Garnish chicken with fresh parsley or basil. Serve with pasta.
I’ve said this before many times, but making and photographing the recipes that appear here are a favorite aspect of my job. I’m on the hunt for more easy dinner ideas for two…so if you have a suggestion, please let me know. You can email me at email@example.com.
Thank you very much for stopping by and for your friendship. Until next time…
Get my guide to the
perfect Charcuterie board!
Just click the image below.