Apple Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Recipe
This apple chicken sausage sheet pan recipe combines fresh vegetables and potatoes with tasty protein for a healthy weeknight supper. See how easy it is to have dinner on the table in less than an hour!
The sheet pan dinner trend is, in my opinion, absolutely brilliant. These meals are simple and quick to throw together, and everything is prepared using one pan…which means less clean-up time. It’s not easy to come up with healthy dinner ideas for your family, but a sheet pan dinner can be reworked in so many different ways. Vary the protein, vary the veggies, and the possibilities are endless!
*This post is sponsored by Walmart, but as always, the images, ideas, and selections are my own. Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement.
Autumn Sheet Pan Recipe Simple Ingredients
- Marketside Apple Chicken Sausage: less fat and calories than regular sausage, and the best blend of tangy and sweet flavors.
- Gold potatoes: creamy and perfect for roasting.
- Petite carrots: flavorful and small.
- Fresh green beans: Adds color and they’re so healthy!
- Paul Newman’s Lemon Basil Vinaigrette: a very nice blend and so easy to use.
- A fresh lemon: optional, but it adds an extra hint of lemon.
- Salt + pepper: add what you want. Keep in mind that potatoes need a bit more salt than the vegetables. Kosher salt or sea salt are good choices.
- Fresh basil: picked from the pot out my back door!
If you’re like me, you’ve noticed the price of groceries going up. At Walmart, their purpose is to help their customers save money, and live better. They help by providing quality groceries and household items you need, along with new and surprising finds that you want. Their goal is to keep prices low everyday, so that a better life is always within reach.
To stretch your weekly grocery budget even further, make easy swaps using delicious Walmart Brands. With Great Value, Marketside, Sam’s Choice, and Freshness Guaranteed you are able to stay on top of trends and mix up your routines without worrying about your budget. Dare to compare the Walmart brands…start your order now! Customers new to Walmart’s online ordering can use the promo code TRIPLE10 to save $10 off their first three pickup or delivery orders. ($50 minimum. Restrictions & fees apply.)
Is apple chicken sausage fully cooked?
Yes! All you are doing when you bake it on the sheet pan is heating it. No worries about getting it done enough, or dealing with raw meat.
- My husband prefers his vegetables separated, but it’s perfectly fine to toss everything together after you add the green beans.
- This recipe is super easy to adapt to the tastes of your family. Substitute any combination of vegetables for the carrots and green beans. Any kind of potato can be used as well. This dinner is a great way to clean out the refrigerator!
- Any kind of oil-based salad dressing can be substituted for the Paul Newman’s. Plain olive oil would be delicious as well. If using plain olive oil, sprinkle the veggies and potatoes with some garlic powder for added taste. Balsamic vinegar would also be a very tasty addition.
- It’s fine to slice the sausage links before baking.
- Serve with fresh croissants, crusty French bread, or savory garlic knots.
Additions + Substitutions
- Turkey sausage
- Honeycrisp apples
- drizzled maple syrup
- sweet potatoes
- fingerling potatoes
- red potatoes
- chopped parsley
- cherry tomatoes
- red or sweet onion
- Brussel sprouts
- green or red peppers
- butternut squash
Tips for Baking
It’s very helpful to prepare your ingredients so everything is a similar size. Cubes should be under 1 inch, and slices should be thin. You have three options when it comes to the cook time for sheet pan dinners.
Similar Cook Times
You can choose ingredients that have very similar cook times, and that are chopped/sliced all the same size.
Stagger Cook Times
You can stagger putting your ingredients in the oven, like I did for this recipe. Ingredients that take longer to cook go in first, followed by ingredients that cook quickly.
Use the Microwave
If you have ingredients that take longer to cook than others, microwave the ones with the longer cook times before placing them on the sheet pan.
- If you are feeding a larger number of people, don’t stress about fitting all of the ingredients on one sheet pan. Just use two…but make sure they both fit in your oven at the same time.
- If you want a crispy layer on the top of your ingredients, simply switch your oven over to the broiler setting at the end of the cook time. Watch it closely…it should only take a minute or two.
- It’s unlikely, but if you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Shop + Source
Click the images below to be taken directly to the product listing.
Apple Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Recipe
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 cutting board
- 1 chef's knife
- 4 Marketside apple chicken sausage links
- 3 medium gold potatoes
- 2 cups petite carrots (loosely packed)
- 12 ounces green beans (fresh)
- 1/4 cup Paul Newman's Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 large lemon
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil. Spray foil with non stick spray.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Place potatoes and carrots on sheet pan.
- Drizzle with Paul Newman's and toss so all pieces are coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut the lemon into wedges. Set aside.
- Remove sheet pan from oven. Move potatoes and carrots to one side.
- Place the green beans on the sheet pan. Drizzle with Paul Newman's and toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to the green beans.
- Add apple chicken sausage to the sheet pan.
- Add lemon wedges if desired.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
If you make this recipe, and love it, I encourage you to come back and leave a comment, and a 5-star review. It would really help me, and I would appreciate it so much. Thank you!
More Fall Dinner Ideas
- Meyer Lemon Chicken for Two
- Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin for Two
- Chicken + Rice Soup
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
- Ham + Swiss Sliders for Two
Join the OSP Family
Subscribe to our newsletter to get
new posts and special offers!