Ham and Swiss Sliders for Two
Make these ham and swiss sliders for two as an easy weeknight dinner or weekend lunch. Fresh ingredients from the deli and slider buns are the perfect pair!
So…are you tired of cooking yet?
Personally, I have gone through phases. I’ve occasionally had short periods of time during our quarantine where I had no idea what to make for dinner. Those times were frustrating, but take-out dinners helped get me over the hump. I’ve recently started to think outside the box just a bit, and make dinners that are more casual. One night we had tacos, something I rarely make, and they were delicious! Last week, I made ham and swiss sliders, and they turned out so yummy, that I wanted to share them with all of you.
The thing about slider recipes is that they always make at least a dozen sandwiches. Many of the recipes call for enough ingredients to make two dozen. So I used several different slider recipes I found online, and adapted them to make just 6 sandwiches. That’s what you will find in the recipe card below. If you do want to use this recipe to make a dozen sliders, it can easily be doubled.
Ham and Swiss Sliders for Two
- 6 slider buns (I used Pepperidge Farm Bakery Classics Sweet Hawaiian Slider Buns)
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 slices baby swiss cheese
- light or regular mayonnaise
- honey mustard salad dressing (I used Ken's Steak House Honey Mustard)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 6 bun bottoms in a glass baking dish.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bun bottoms.
- Add 4 slices of ham, followed by 4 slices of swiss cheese.
- Top with the other 4 slices of ham.
- Spread the bun tops with the honey mustard dressing.
- Place the tops on the layers in the baking dish.
- Mix the melted butter, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds together in a small bowl.
- Spread the butter mixture on the sandwiches with a pastry brush.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more.
- Let cool for 2 minutes. Slice the buns apart with a sharp knife.
- Serve warm.
Tips for Amazing Ham and Swiss Sliders
- Like pretty much any recipe under the sun, this ham and swiss sliders recipe can be adapted to your own taste. Use any kind of deli meat, and any kind of cheese.
- Likewise, the Pepperidge Farm slider buns can be swapped out for King’s Hawaiian rolls, regular slider buns, or dinner rolls.
- You may be tempted to leave some of the butter mixture in the bowl, and not use it all. Try to resist the urge! It really adds such a good taste, and it’s absorbed into the sliders, so there shouldn’t be any butter on the bottom of your baking dish when done.
- Don’t worry about fitting the ham and cheese perfectly on the buns. Layer the slices any way they fit…it all tastes delicious when it’s melted together.
- The poppy seeds add a nice touch, but if you don’t like them, just leave them out. It won’t change the taste of the sliders at all. Finely chopped parsley is a good substitute for the poppy seeds.
- If there are just two of you, you may have a slider or two leftover. They aren’t wonderful reheated the next day, but they are very good cold, straight from the refrigerator. If you do want to reheat any leftover sliders, the oven works better than the microwave.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Meyer Lemon Chicken for Two
- Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin for Two
- Chicken + Rice Soup
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
- Apple Chicken Sausage Sheet Pan Recipe