Make this cute decorative picture frame decor to welcome fall into your space. It’s perfect for seasonal art and is so simple!
Up today is a short tutorial for simple decorative picture frame decor that’s a great way to add texture and interest to your living space. This custom frame is a wonderful fall wall art craft to do with the kids, or as a girls night out. Anyone can do this!
*Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement.
- wooden frame
- peel and stick sheet moss
- glue gun
- any other natural elements that you can gather
- September quote chalkboard free printable (see the signup form below)
My original vision for this project was to make an actual chalkboard inside a frame covered in moss and sticks. After I thought about it, I decided that a chalkboard printable would be so much easier. My biggest discovery when I was shopping for this project was finding peel and stick moss. I had no idea there was such a thing, but it’s fun, and super simple to use.
- Measure the width of your frame, and cut 4 strips of the moss the same width. Trim the length of the strips if necessary.
- Peel the backing off, and carefully adhere the moss strips to the frame.
- With your glue gun, apply pinecones, acorns, and sticks to your frame. I started at the corners and worked out. You can embellish just the corners, or fill up the entire frame.
- I’ve linked to all the items needed for this fall craft in the list above. These supplies are also available at your local craft store. Definitely try to gather pinecones, acorns, and sticks from your yard or other outdoor area. Look for frames at a thrift store, or flea market.
- TIP: if you use natural acorns or pinecones from your yard, make sure to kill any bugs first. Put your items in a resealable bag, and place the bag in the freezer for a few days.
More Frame Decoration Ideas
- Purchase a set of picture frames and art prints, embellish the frames to your taste, and create a gallery wall. Focal points are important, and a gallery wall is perfect.
- Create living room wall decor with a modern look by placing the embellished frames on a picture ledge.
- Display your children’s or grandchildren’s artwork in decorative frames around the house. This not only adds a personal touch, but is an excellent way to make your home decor reflect the talents and interests of your family.
- Shadow boxes are deep frames that allow you to display 3D objects or memorabilia. Create a shadow box to showcase keepsakes, collections, or sentimental items.
- Hang a group of empty frames on a wall, creating a focal point in the room. You can leave them empty for a minimalist look, or add decorative paper or fabric inside the frames for a pop of color and texture.
More Fall Crafts
The Ultimate Guide To
A collection of 100 autumn decor ideas, fun crafts, fall wreaths, and yummy recipes all in one place. It’s the ultimate guide to fall, and provides easy links to find exactly what you are looking for!.
September Quote Free Printables
There are two versions of the Helen Hunt Jackson September quote available to OSP email subscribers. Just fill out the form below, and I’ll send them straight to your email inbox. You will also receive new posts, special offers, and giveaway announcements.
Do You Love Farmhouse Style?
Sign up for my FRESHLY UPDATED and EXPANDED email series and see how easy it is to add touches of Farmhouse Style
to your existing decor.