Easy Christmas gift wrap ideas that include free printable Christmas gift tags, holiday wrapping paper inspiration, ribbon ideas, embellishments, and more.
The task of wrapping Christmas presents can be relaxing and fun…or it can be stressful and tiring. Over the years, I’ve experienced all of those feelings and more…as I’m sure you all have as well. For the past several years, I have tried to make the time I spend wrapping presents as enjoyable as possible. The easy Christmas gift wrap ideas I’m sharing today have helped me along the way. I hope they help you too.
I really do love to wrap gifts. There is something about making those perfect corners and tying bows that makes me happy. That said, sometimes wrapping gifts at Christmas can be overwhelming. To simplify the whole process, I keep my supplies limited and organized. Everything used for this post can be found at any craft store or ordered online. I’ve listed all my favorite gift wrap supplies at the end.
Custom gift tags are such a nice touch, and they make gift giving very personal. As part of my huge collection of Christmas printables, I’ve included several different gift tag designs. I’ve featured a sprinkling what’s available throughout this post. All are easy to print, and free to my email subscribers. To sign up and receive your festive gift tags, just fill out the form at the end of the post. *After downloading the PDF, choose which pages you would like to print. Use good quality cardstock for best results. Cut out the tags, and punch a hole for the string.
I love items to tie on my packages that add a small custom touch. These things add personality, and they also show that you gave a little extra thought to your gift. These well-thought-out items attached to your gifts show you care. I love to use natural elements like fresh pine cut from my bushes, pine cones, dried orange slices, or cinnamon sticks. Usable items are also a great choice, like mini wreaths or candy canes. Embellishments become part of the gift, and they truly add that personal touch.
I am obsessed with white tissue paper. I use it every time I wrap a gift. I know you are probably thinking “does she really do that to every box?”
Ask my family. The answer is yes.
It only takes a second, and it makes such a difference to the person opening the gift. I will admit that the stickers might be going a bit overboard, but I do think they are a nice touch!
Tip: the secret to making tissue paper look beautiful inside a box is making sure the sheets are big enough. Most tissue paper packs available in retail and craft stores aren’t big enough to fold over nicely inside a box. The tissue paper size that works the best is 20×30 inches.
I am a huge fan of brown kraft paper. It’s the perfect neutral wrapping paper that you can use any time, and for any occasion. I keep it on-hand year round, and I always use it to wrap my Christmas presents. Some years I add a second design that has some color, but other years I don’t. I love the farmhouse-inspired look it gives my gifts.
- Choose a box that is just the right size for your gift. A box that is too large may make the gift look small, and is a waste of wrapping paper. A box that is too small will frustrate you during the packaging process, and the presentation will be ruined.
- A game changer for me was when I started using reusable boxes a few years ago. I discovered these sturdy red boxes, and have been using them ever since. They are well-made from heavy cardboard, they are inexpensive, and they look amazing. I use these boxes for my family only, so I can keep them, and reuse them from year to year. If you are giving a gift to someone other than a family member, it’s best to use a regular box and wrap it.
Environmentally Friendly Options
- If sustainability is a priority, consider using eco-friendly boxes made from recycled materials. These can be just as stylish and durable as traditional options.
- While not traditional boxes, gift bags are a convenient and super easy alternative. Choose neutral kraft bags, or bags that match your Christmas theme, and are large enough for your gift.
One of my favorite easy Christmas gift wrap ideas is to choose color-coordinated ribbon. It helps to keep the cohesive look you started with your wrapping paper selections. This year my colors were green and red. I chose different widths of plain moss green ribbon, red striped ribbon, and red and white twine. Everything mixes and matches, so it doesn’t take much thought, or much time.
My Favorite Gift Wrapping Supplies
*Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- DIY dried orange slices
- bagged orange slices
- Cinnamon sticks
- Mini wreaths
- Gold bells
- 2 inch green ribbon
- 1 inch green ribbon
- 1.5 inch red striped ribbon
- 5/8 inch red striped ribbon
- Natural hemp twine
- Red and white twine
- Kraft wrapping paper
- White gift boxes
- Red gift boxes
- Tissue paper
- Large scissors
- Giant candy canes
This holiday season, elevate the art of gift-giving with these easy Christmas gift wrap ideas. Whether you opt for festive patterns, personalized touches, or creative DIY approaches, the joy of presenting a beautifully wrapped gift is sure to leave a lasting impression. With these simple yet effective ideas, you can make every gift an expression of love and thoughtfulness, and at the same time, make lasting memories for the people you love.
- Easy Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
- Timeless Christmas Decor Ideas (see the rest of our Christmas living room)
- DIY Simmering Potpourri (with packaging ideas)
- Christmas Porch Decor
The Ultimate Guide To
This ultimate list of more than 100 Christmas ideas features crafts, recipes, decor, wreaths, and more. Savor the season, and get inspiration for a new holiday project!