This easy Peach Pecan Muffins Recipe that basic ingredients and fresh peaches. If you like muffin tops these are amazing!
One of my favorite things about the months of summer and early fall is the awesome selection of fresh fruit available at farmers markets and local grocery stores. If I had to pick a favorite fruit it would definitely be peaches. There is nothing better than eating a giant, juicy peach! Cobblers and pies are yummy, but I also enjoy making this peach pecan muffins recipe with fresh peaches.
Peach Pecan Muffins Recipe Tips
- Even though fresh peaches are wonderful, the fact remains that for a good part of the year, they aren’t in season. These peach pecan muffins can definitely be made with frozen, or even canned, peaches. Just make sure to drain the peaches well before adding them to the batter.
- This peach pecan muffins recipe could also be made into quick bread. Adjust the baking time and test for doneness in the middle before removing from the oven.
- To freeze, just place the muffins or loaves in a Ziploc freezer bag.
I love the pecan streusel that goes on top of the batter right before these are baked. It uses brown sugar so it has an earthy taste that reminds me a little bit of molasses. If you are a fan of muffin tops, these are amazing. I shared these peach pecan muffins with my parents and my Dad gave them an enthusiastic thumbs-up!
Peach Pecan Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter melted 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup diced peaches - fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- Stir together butter, milk and egg. Pour into well in dry ingredients and combine.
- Gently fold in peaches.
- Fill prepared muffin pan with batter.
- Mix together streusal ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Makes 9 large muffins or 12 regular size.
- I prepare my baking pans with Baker's Joy.
I’ve got a few more peach dessert recipes so just click the link above for more inspiration.
*Some links lead to shops or websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my full disclosure.
My favorite Peach Pecan Muffins Recipe baking supplies: