This Strawberry Bread Recipe with walnuts is crunchy on the outside with amazing texture on the inside. Easy, delicious and uses basic pantry ingredients.
So…let’s talk about this strawberry bread recipe with walnuts bread. I received an email from one of my most loyal readers, Jeanette. She asked me if I wanted to share her Strawberry Bread recipe. She said it was a family favorite and when I saw the ingredients I knew why. Any quick bread recipe that calls for oil as the fat is always moist and full of texture. Jeanette’s bread was no different.
The Perfect Strawberry Bread Recipe
It’s an older recipe so it had me make a well in my dry ingredients for the wet ingredients. I love doing that! Jeanette’s recipe called for pecans but I used walnuts because I have a gigantic bag in my freezer. I roasted them first and they added a perfect, nutty flavor.
Strawberry Bread Recipe with Walnuts
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 10 oz. pkg. sliced frozen strawberries thawed and drained
- 1 cup walnuts roasted
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Add eggs and oil.
- Mix well by hand until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold in strawberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Mini loaves = 30 min.
- Small loaves = 35 min.
- Large loaves = 50-60 min.
- This recipe yielded 8 mini loaves and 3 small loaves.
mini = 2 1/2 in. x 4 in.
small = 3 in. x 5 1/2 in.
large = 9 in. x 5 in.
I prepare my baking pans with Baker's Joy.
This strawberry bread was a tiny bit crunchy on the outside but moist and dense on the inside. The original recipe said to let the loaves sit overnight before slicing. Of course, I couldn’t do that. I tasted it warm from the oven and it was amazing. However, on the second day it was even better. I’m not sure why…but it really was.
I used frozen strawberries from the grocery store but I sorely wished I had frozen some of my own last summer. I am definitely doing it this year. At least a few bags so I have them on hand to make this bread.
Other yummy things you could do with frozen strawberries:
*Some links lead to shops & websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my full disclosure.
My favorite Strawberry Bread baking supplies:
More delicious strawberry dessert recipes!
- Strawberry Scones
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Skillet Cake
- Strawberry Streusel
- Strawberry Lemon Shortbread Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Strawberry No Churn Ice Cream