This easy pasta salad recipe is the perfect side dish for a summer picnic or gathering! Uses all fresh ingredients and can be made a day ahead.
I know it’s not summer yet…but we’re almost there so I thought I would share this easy pasta salad recipe that is perfect for a party or picnic. This pasta salad recipe has been a favorite of my family for years. I posted it here on my blog in the very beginning but wanted to share it again with a printable recipe. It’s one of those dishes that, for some reason, I only make in the summer. Which is crazy because it would be a perfect side dish for the holidays. It makes a ton and is actually better the second day so making it ahead is no problem.
Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. rotini pasta
- 1/2 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 6-8 oz. package grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 eggs hard boiled and chopped
- 24 oz. jar Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. I add salt and olive oil to the boiling water. Drain when finished cooking.
- Put tomatoes, onion, carrots, cucumber and eggs into a large bowl.
- Pour about 1/2 of the jar of Marzetti’s on the chopped veggies/eggs.
- Stir to coat.
- Add pasta and a little more Marzetti's. Stir well to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, longer is better.
- Can be made a day ahead. If pasta soaks up too much of the dressing, just add more and stir well.
Easy Pasta Salad Recipe Video
You can switch up the veggies according to your taste. After the salad is refrigerated you may need to add a bit more dressing. The pasta seems to soak it up while it’s chilling.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.