Christmas 2012 ~ Front Door Wreath

Welcome to Christmas 2012 On Sutton Place! This year it’s all about neutral and natural…with a pop of red thrown in for good measure.

As with any season around here it all starts with the front door. I’ve kept it simple.

Fresh cedar garland.

A grapevine wreath topped with more fresh cedar and my grain sack bow.

White lights on the garland and topiaries finish it all off.

I gave you a peak of the grain sack bow with some other front door inspiration. As corny as it sounds, I really have no words to express how much I love this.

Seriously.

If only I had been the one to come up with the idea…but all the credit goes to the lovely ladies at Dreamy Whites. Maria and her sister design such special things.

My bow is different from the one on their blog. It’s actually in 3 pieces. I’ll be back very soon to show you how. No sewing skills required…promise.

Don’t forget about our Homespun Christmas Link Parties that start this weekend. Get your mantels and vignettes posted in time for Kim’s party on Sunday, December 2nd. Next up is Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch. She’s hosting anything handmade on Friday, December 7th.

I’m next with front doors and wreaths on Sunday, December 9th and we’re wrapping things up at StoneGable on Friday, December 14th with Recipes and Tablescapes. Couldn’t think of anyone better than Yvonne to host our finale.

The linkies will go live at 8 p.m. the night before. We’d love to see you all there!

At The Picket Fence

French Country Cottage

Common Ground

Imparting Grace

Oh Ann! What a pretty front door!!! So very elegant! Love the wreath with the grain sack bow! Hope you are enjoying preparing for the holidays, girlie! :)

xoxo laurie

It looks so beautiful Ann and I love the grain sack bow! I’m looking forward to joining in the Homespun Christmas party and need to get busy on my projects. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this at Inspration Friday!
    Vanessa

3. Leslie Stewart @ House on the Way says

Ann, Your front porch decor is beautiful! Classic christmas! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Have a great weekend.
    Leslie

I just love that bow! It looks just like the one from Dreamy Whites. I look forward to seeing your tutorial on it. I kept my exterior simple with red and white bows on green wreaths too. It seems to be popular this year too.

I love all your fresh greenery on the front porch Ann – I’d love to be able to do that.
    Here in Australia it is summer, so the greenery only lasts a day. I do make small wreaths and fill my vignettes with fresh greens… but it’s a constant job of plucking out dead sprigs and replacing with fresh ones. I woudln’t even tackle a whole porch. I guess that’s the beauty of blog land, I can visit and appreciate everyone elses.

I’d love it if you’d consider shring this post at Shabbilicious Friday – http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/shabbilicious-friday-link-party_30.html

6. Emily says

Ann, the bow is gorgeous! It gives elegance to the simplicity of the cedar. The just lights add the extra touch to set the entry to your beautiful home.
    Take care.
    Emily

Ann, I SERIOUSLY love that grain sack bow, too! Your entrance looks fabulous with the natural greenery. I have about a million things half-finished, so I hope to get everything done tomorrow so that I can link up. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Ann I absolutely love the simplicity of your porch. Very classic and inviting. Your bow would be a perfect example on my BOW post today. It is exactly the kind of bow I love on a wreath. Soft and drapey!!! I would love for you to chime in on your opinion about BOWS on my blog post!
    Happy Thursday,
    Kathysue

Love the natural look of it Ann. I’ve “faked” myself out, if that makes any sense at all? I’m going a lot more natural and simple in my Chrstmas decor this year. Your grain sack bow just tops it off!

Beautiful! Yesterday I hung fresh cypress around our front door and made some wreaths, but I love your idea of hanging lights around the door too with the greenery. I may just have to do that! I know why you love your bow so much… it is GORGEOUS! Can’t wait for the tutorial.

Your door is so lovely and the grain sack bow is just perfect. It sure looks like a sewing project, it is so well done. Love your door mat to, it is so cute:) Will be back to party!