Christmas 2012 ~ The Living Room

Things are starting to come together. For a few days I did have my doubts.

I still have bins in the garage and family room but the other rooms are beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I had a blast with this antique dresser. I put some feather trees in my silver urns, added lights and I had my starting point. Next came silver candlesticks, hurricanes and the rest just happened.

This arrangement was put together with things I already had…very budget friendly. I didn’t buy one thing.

I brought my pop of red in with grain sacks just laid over my slipper chairs, ticking pillows and candy canes.

The sofa got some red pillows I used last year. They are inexpensive covers from IKEA but I love the color and they’re velvet.

Love velvet.

The coffee table is also a new look with old things.

I took the gold balls from my tree…the santa and pine cone I’ve had for a while. I showed you my gigantic pine cones last year.

Yep, they are making another appearance. Wait until you see what I’ve done with the others!

This year my decorating is all about natural, neutral and trying to make use of things I already have.

Breathing new life into old possessions is the best way to decorate with things you love.

Move things around. Drag out that old silver and polish it up. Tie a ribbon on that pitcher you thought about giving to Goodwill. Group some old santas on a tray and add some fresh greens.

It’s fun, it’s gratifying and it won’t break the bank.

Our Homespun Christmas Link Party is finally starting tonight! The linky will go up at Savvy Southern Style around 8 p.m. Please join us and share your Christmas mantels and vignettes.

Kim, Anita, Yvonne and I hope to see you there!

Everything is beautiful! I love that you used so much red with your yellow, it looks fabulous! The blue pitcher is lovely with it, too. The pillows are the perfect accents!
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Cindy

Your living room is so elegant, and I love your Christmas vignettes! I like your red ticking pillows so much I just ordered one. I have a red ticking candy cane pillow I’ve had for years, and I’ve been wanting a ticking pillow to go with it.

LOL now I’m noticing all the blue and gold in your house…..and I’m decking the halls with crimson and white! ;P

Enjoy your Sunday! I’m *still* coughing, so I’m staying home from church.

xo,
    RJ

3. Ana Maria says

Beautiful!

One of the things I love about blogland is honest bloggers like you who admit to having “bins in the garage….”. I used to think I was the only one who spent the entire weekend after Thanksgiving working hard in order to put together my Christmas decor. No one else admitted to it. I thought my friends all had magic elves who put everything up while they slept. :)

Your home looks lovely, elegant and VERY Christmasy! – Good job!

Ana Maria

Ann, it looks sew, sew, sew pretty! Sorry, I couldn’t help myself! I love how you put those feather trees in those urns! And your yellow ornaments looks so stunning in the tray along with that vintage looking Santa. It’s hard to believe that it’s already Dec. 1!

5. Claudia says

Beautiful ,you have a great eye.
    I too have tried neutrals and using what I already have and it looks sooo sad! I envy you.
    Greetings from GA

Ann, everything looks so fresh and pretty. Your pops of yellow add a nice dose of sunshine to your Christmas decor. I spy one of your cute little grainsack stockings hanging on your chest too. I am planning on joining in the party tonight too.

7. Rondell says

Really pretty Anne, I did the same thing, used what I had! Some were new this year because I bought them on sale after Christmas last year!

Anne, I love the direction and the thought process behind your Christmas decor for this year. It all looks very festive and perfect in your beautiful living room. Great job,
    xo Kathysue

9. Brenda Kula-Pruitt says

I love the pillows on your chairs. I remember when you were thinking about painting that antique piece you brought in. I about had a stroke just thinking about it. So glad you didn’t.
    Brenda