Made with finely chopped fresh apples, this Apple Bundt Cake Recipe is sure to please everyone. Includes a delicious glaze and makes enough to feed a crowd!
Old fashioned, tried and true recipes are sometimes the best. They don’t call for odd ingredients and are usually simple to make. Back in the day, there were no kitchen gadgets to make the job of baking easier. This meant that homemakers needed straight-forward and hearty recipes to feed their hungry families. That’s exactly what this apple bundt cake recipe is. It’s one of the best cakes I have ever tasted and was so easy to make. The ingredients are all basic pantry items with the exception of the apples. I used Honeycrisp apples but definitely use the apple of your choice.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Apple Bundt Cake Recipe Tips
I didn’t peel my apples before chopping. I diced the apples into very small chunks so the apple peel wasn’t noticeable at all. The batter was a bit stiff, but poured nicely and filled the bundt pan perfectly. I use the Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan and it’s the best. Cakes bake evenly and it’s super easy to clean. Most of my baking pans have been gifts from my family, but I splurged and bought this bundt cake pan for myself. If you decide to treat yourself, you won’t be sorry!
About the glaze…you can definitely skip this step if you are pressed for time and simply dust the apple bundt cake with powdered sugar. The glaze is, however, amazing. It really sticks to the bundt cake and adds one more layer of texture and sweet goodness.
More Bars and Cakes
This is the perfect cake to take to any gathering or potluck because it feeds at least ten people, possibly more if you cut the slices a bit thinner. Or you can make it just for your family because it stays fresh for three to four days in an airtight container. After the first day or so, store the container in the refrigerator.
Apple Bundt Cake Recipe
For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large apples
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Finely chop the apples. You should have enough to equal about 2 cups. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, combine eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes.
- In two batches, add the flour mixture to the egg/oil mixture beating well and scraping sides of the bowl between additions.
- With mixer on lowest speed, fold in the apples. Batter will be stiff but pourable
- Fold batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Put out onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the glaze.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan. Add ½ cup brown sugar and whisk until mixed.
- Slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup milk while still whisking. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. The glaze will thicken as it cools.
- Place cake (still on the cooling rack) on a large cookie sheet.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and let harden a bit before serving.
Thank you for stopping by!