An easy, almost-homemade, lavender lemonade recipe that uses either fresh lemons or lemon juice concentrate. Either way it’s delicious!
I love the taste of lavender, but it does have a strong, sort of woodsy taste. One way to compliment and tone down that taste is to pair lavender with another flavor that’s equally as strong. That’s why lavender and lemon are the perfect pair. This lavender lemonade recipe is made with simple syrup, so the actual lavender taste is light and in the background.
The first couple of times I made this lavender lemonade recipe, I used freshly squeezed lemon juice…and it is delicious. However, let’s be honest. Juicing lemons isn’t for everyone and I know some of you don’t have time…so I found a shortcut. I discovered Minute Maid pure lemon juice from concentrate in the freezer section of my grocery store. It’s by the frozen juice and drinks. Click [HERE] to see what I’m talking about. Some of you might be able to taste the difference, but I could not. Since it’s frozen, it is easy to keep on hand and is a big timesaver.
If possible, try to make the lavender simple syrup when you can spend some time in your kitchen. The smell is absolutely amazing. This easy method of aromatherapy gives you a sense of well-being and can literally lighten your mood. There is something about the smell of lavender that makes me smile. I love to look at it, but the scent is what is so special.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe Tips
- It’s important to use culinary grade lavender buds or lavender that has been harvested from your own garden. Just be certain that if you use your own, it is free of any chemicals or pesticides.
- This fresh lavender lemonade is the perfect drink for spring or summer gatherings. The taste is refreshing and a little unexpected. If you think the lavender taste is a bit too strong, you can remedy that in one of two ways: Use 1 tablespoon of lavender buds (instead of 2 tablespoons) in the simple syrup OR reduce the steeping time.
- A few drops of purple or blue food coloring can be added for a bit more color.
- For maximum impact, serve from a crystal pitcher into clear glasses over ice. Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
- This recipe can be easily doubled.
Other recipes using lavender:
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe Sources
- Clear glass pitcher #1
- Clear glass pitcher #2
- Milk bottles
- Purple striped straws
- Blue plaid towel (vintage)
- Culinary grade lavender buds