Well…here we are. A week until Christmas Eve. I hope your planning and prep is going smoothly. I also hope you have been able to enjoy the season. I think sometimes we get so caught up in “getting ready” that we end up missing out on the fun. If you have time for one last craft, I have just the thing. Up today is a DIY No Sew Christmas Tree Pillow Cover.
Here’s what you need: Pillow cover, three or four different fabric pieces, brown felt/burlap, scissors, iron, ironing board, tree templates, pen or pencil, Wonder Under (fusible web.)
- Print the templates. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.
- Cut out the trees.
- Iron a piece of fusible web to the back of your pieces of fabric (including what you are using for the tree stumps.) Let cool.
- Trace the trees on the fusible web backing and cut out.
- Remove the paper backing from the trees.
- At your ironing board, press your pillow cover. Place your trees and stumps where you want them.
- Carefully iron the trees and stumps to the pillow cover.
I used fabric in muted shades of green with a little burlap thrown in. This, of course, is a personal choice so use whatever fabrics you like or have on hand. A small pack of fat quarters would be perfect for this project. They can be found at all craft and fabric stores.
I know these are technically Christmas trees but I think you could leave this out during January. It has a winter feel to it. If you want to see the other pillow tutorials I have shared just click the image below.
Now it’s time to welcome three very fun bloggers and their projects. The four of us have been teaming up once a month for a while now so I hope you have enjoyed them. I think we will be continuing in 2016 so there is much to look forward to!