Some things just go together. Peas and carrots. Bert and Ernie. Mac and cheese. One pair that I only recently discovered, and really love, is chocolate and cinnamon. My first taste was when I shared this Starbuck’s Chocolate Cinnamon Bread. I thought it was wonderful. So I looked through my cookbooks for anything with that combination and found this recipe for Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Cookies. Simple yet so pretty.
This recipe for chocolate cinnamon heart cookies went together in just a few minutes. I made the dough while my dinner was in the oven, stuck it in the refrigerator overnight, and made the cookies the next day. They felt like they took no time at all to make.
This would be a perfect recipe to make with kids. They could help cut out and then also dip the cookies in the chocolate after they have cooled. The sprinkle part would probably be the most fun! These make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Think school parties or teacher gifts. You can package them in cellophane bags tied with twine or use my free bag topper printable.
*Some links on this page lead to shops and websites (like Amazon) where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my complete Disclosure Statement.
Happy Valentine’s Day Bag Topper Free Printable
- Just print the toppers on card stock and cut out just inside the red outline.
- Fold each topper in half.
- Punch two holes in each topper.
- Place your cookies in a 4-inch wide cellophane bag and fold the top down.
- Place the bag topper over the top of the bag.
- Punch holes in the bag using the holes in the topper as a guide.
- Tie the bag closed with a piece of twine.
- You could also use staples to close the bag if you didn’t want to punch holes.
I hope everyone is doing OK…this winter weather is beginning to wear some of us (including me!) down a little. If you need a distraction you can look around at these other Chocolate Recipes!