Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Cookies
These Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Cookies are a fun twist on the traditional cut out cookie. Perfect for Valentine’s Day…easy and very fun to make!
Some things just go together. Peas and carrots. Bert and Ernie. Mac and cheese. One pair that I only recently discovered, and really love, is chocolate and cinnamon. My first taste was when I shared this Starbuck’s Chocolate Cinnamon Bread.I thought it was wonderful. So I looked through my cookbooks for anything with that combination, and found this recipe for Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Cookies. Simple yet so pretty.
This recipe for chocolate cinnamon heart cookies went together in just a few minutes. I made the dough while my dinner was in the oven, stuck it in the refrigerator overnight, and made the cookies the next day. They were quick and easy to make.
Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Cookies Tips:
- This would be a perfect recipe to make with kids. They could help cut the cookies out, and also dip the cookies in the chocolate after they have cooled. The sprinkle part would probably be the most fun!
- These make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Think school parties, teacher gifts, or coworkers.
- You can package them in cellophane bags tied with twine or use my free bag topper printable.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my complete Disclosure Statement.
Happy Valentine’s Day Bag Topper Free Printable
- Just print the toppers on card stock and cut out just inside the red outline.
- Fold each topper in half.
- Punch two holes in each topper.
- Place your cookies in a 4-inch wide cellophane bag and fold the top down.
- Place the bag topper over the top of the bag.
- Punch holes in the bag using the holes in the topper as a guide.
- Tie the bag closed with a piece of twine.
- You could also use staples to close the bag if you didn’t want to punch holes.
I hope everyone is doing OK…this winter weather is beginning to wear some of us (including me!) down a little. If you need a distraction you can look around at these other Valentine’s Day ideas!
Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Cookies Sources
My favorite cookie sheets | Heart cookie cutters | Heart sprinkles | Melting Chocolate
Chocolate Cinnamon Heart Cut Out Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened 1 1/2 sticks
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dark cocoa mint candy melts
- heart sprinkles optional
- Beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add to butter mixture in 3 additions scraping the bowl between each addition.
- Using a fresh spatula, scrape all the batter into a ball in the center of your bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Can be refrigerated several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into 2 sections.
- Roll out, a section at a time, on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 min.
- Cool completely.
- Microwave the chocolate melts according to package directions.
- Dip one side of each cookie in the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with hearts right away before the chocolate has a chance to harden.