Vintage Inspired Valentine’s Heart Pillow
Make this Vintage Inspired Valentine’s Heart Pillow in no time! Heart templates included along with easy to follow directions.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
I don’t do much in the way of decor for Valentine’s Day, but up today is a fun project that is neutral, no-sew and has hearts on it…three very good things! The hearts make it perfect for Valentine’s Day, but you could definitely leave it out all year long. As you are reading the tutorial, keep in mind that you can switch this up any way you like. Use a different pillow cover color and/or your own choice of fabrics. Here are the easy directions:
Vintage Inspired Valentine’s Heart Pillow Supplies needed:
- pillow cover
- fusible web
- burlap scrap
- scrap fabric of your choice (fat quarters would work well)
- heart templates
- scraps of lace
- glue and glue gun
Valentine’s Heart Pillow Steps:
- Print the templates. Click HERE for the extra large heart and HERE for the large heart. Cut out your hearts.
- Prepare the scrap fabric and burlap (or fabrics of your choice) by ironing the fusible web to the back side of your fabrics. You will need about a 12 x 12 inch piece for the extra large heart and 10 x 10 inch piece for the large heart. Let the fusible web cool. (Makes it a lot easier to peel off the backing.)
- Trace both hearts on the paper side of your fabrics and cut out. Peel off the backing paper.
- At your ironing board, press your pillow cover. Place your hearts where you want them on the pillow cover and press well. Make sure all the edges are secure.
- Using a hot glue gun, add embellishments of your choice. Some suggestions are: vintage or new buttons, scraps of lace, or ribbon.
- Stuff with your pillow insert and fluff!
The embellishments are totally up to you. I have a bunch of vintage buttons, so I glued some along the edge of the biggest heart. A few more buttons and a bit of vintage lace was all the burlap heart needed.
For the beige buffalo checked pillow cover pictured above, click HERE.