Farmhouse Inspired Valentine’s Day Tablescape Ideas
Use these farmhouse inspired Valentine’s Day tablescape ideas to celebrate the day with family or friends. Easy & inexpensive ideas to use year-round.
This tablescape started with the quilt. I wanted something different…something I’ve never used before. I thought about buying some pretty pink placemats or napkins, but decided to try and design this tablescape with things I already had. This quilt is usually hanging on my blanket ladder or covering up Kelly on the couch, (Don’t worry…I washed it before I put it on the table!) I can’t believe I never tried it as a runner before. I think it’s perfect.
Since the quilt is blue and white, I stuck to those basic colors for the place settings and flower vessels. My only touches of Valentine’s Day are the tiny pops of pink. I used one pink tulip in each mason jar and tied a pink ribbon around the flatware. I also made a coffee cake in my new heart baking dish that I’m absolutely in love with. I’ll be sharing the coffee cake recipe next week and also hope to make a sugar cookie cake as well.
You’ve seen the stemware and glasses before but I don’t believe I’ve ever used them together. The stemware is my wedding crystal and the glasses came from my in-laws. I think they make a perfect pair.
I picked up the ivory roses and tulips at the grocery store. (Click HERE to see my tips for arranging grocery store flowers.) Three roses, one pink tulip, and a sprig of seeded eucalyptus went into three vintage mason jars and I was finished in about ten minutes. Flowers in mason jars are pretty much a no-fail way to make a centerpiece. Anyone can do this!
To sum things up: Farmhouse Inspired Valentine’s Day Tablescape Ideas you can use anytime!
- Use what you have. If the colors aren’t exactly right, add small accessories in the color of the season. In this case, I added pink for Valentine’s Day.
- Think outside the box when it comes to table linens. Consider using throws, quilts, blankets, scarves, sheets, etc.
- Invest in a very basic set of cloth napkins in a neutral color.
- Get grocery store flowers and design a very simple centerpiece.
- Go ahead and mix styles. Combine vintage crystal with new flatware. Use new napkins with a vintage runner or tablecloth. Mix metals and textures for added interest.
To get a free watercolor printable of the mason jar arrangement pictured above, click HERE!
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Farmhouse Inspired Valentine’s Day Tablescape Ideas Shopping Sources:
Stemware, glasses & quilt are vintage. Vintage blue and white plates: Adams Ironstone in the pattern Baltic.
- pink heart baking dish
- ivory wood chargers
- blue salad plates
- white napkins
- stainless/gold flatware (similar)
- fabric on chair cushions
- vintage blue mason jars